Congrats to Jack White for the sale of his house in Detroit. According to the Wall Street Journal, the house sold “for $590,000, well below its initial $930,000 asking price.” It’s a tough market where houses are cheaper than cars!
Other tidbits from the article:
• Mr. White bought the property in 2003 for $524,000, records show.
• The house has been on the market since “last August.”
• Mr. White recorded his hit 2005 album Get Behind Me Satan in the foyer of the 5,800-square-foot home.
• The buyers are a retired couple from Maryland.
• He paid “about $3.1 million” for his “nearly 20,000-square-foot” house in Nashville in December 2005.
When you’re in your little room and you’re working on something good
But if it is really good you’re gonna need a bigger room
And when you’re in the bigger room you might not know what to do
You might have to think of how you got started sittin’ in your little room