Classic. Ryan Adams makes it impossible to hate him, no matter how much you want to. Over on his latest blog project, he lists some FACTS ABOUT ME. There’s a bunch of good ones, but my favorite is that he now admits that his album Gold “was over-long and maybe half good.” That’s what we’ve been saying about his albums for years!
More Facts About Ryan:
• I never dated Alanis Morrisette. But she is very nice.
• I never dated Winona Ryder, but she is my friend and I will always love her.
• I never KICKED OUT anyone from a concert. [He gives his side of the story. It’s barely different from the version that he’s refuting, ha ha.]
• I only used speedballs (snorted not shot) at the end of my drug use, which was parallel to my last romance.
• I have only dated 5 women in my life.
• I hate HATE country music. I always have. I “reference” it when I make music that sounds like that, the way a director would use water as a backdrop for a svcene with a shark in it. But I cannot stand country music one bit. unless the Grateful Dead are messin round with it. Then it is tolerable.
• I just want to make things. meaningful beautiful things before my time here is done and hopefully encourage people to express themselves, not to clutter the world with art, but so because I think people learn about themselves and find deeper meaning when they create things. It just happens.
Good old Ryan Adams. You just can’t hate the guy.