The Huffington Post is reporting that ex-Wilco member Jay Bennett died of an apparent accidental overdose of pain medication:
Toxicology tests showed the 45-year-old musician died from an overdose of fentanyl, Champaign County Coroner Duane Northrup said in a brief news release. The drug is found in patches commonly prescribed to treat chronic pain.
The manufacturers recalled fentanyl patches in February 2008 after discovering that some leaked, causing labored breathing and possible overdose. It wasn’t known whether Jay Bennett was using similar patches.