Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
These are from Hamish from Animal Kingdom.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
The whole thing is a buzz, from meeting your heroes back stage to getting up and performing in front of thousands of people.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
The mud at some of the UK festivals is crazy some years – you feel like you are in a war zone.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Yeah, loads of times. First festival was when I was 15 back in England. I loved it and then started going to multiple festivals every year since.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing?
Neil Young, Tame Impala, Jack White, White Denim, SBTRK…the list goes on…
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
We have had a couple of nasty crew members in the past but everyone packs their toothpaste these days.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
I bought a 2 Bears remix of Disparate Youth by Santigold. It’s pretty fantastic.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
I studied at U of I in Champaign-Urbana so spent a year around Chicago. I love the history and the beaches around Lake Michigan in the summer.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
I think they might have let us off as we’re not quite at the stage of harming their ticket sales yet!
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
We’ll be playing Michigan, staying in Wisconsin, unfortunately missing Iowa and Indiana this time and playing in Columbus, Ohio on the way, so hopefully we’ll get to see some of you!
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is ______
A genius. I grew up listening to Jane’s Addiction. At least three of his records are stone cold classics.
Playing Friday, August 3 at 12:00 PM on the Google Play stage