Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
From Matt of Dry The River:
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Sunshine. You cant get that in England. Especially not indoors.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Trenchfoot. Losing money in floods. Presumably this doesn’t happen at Lollapalooza.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
Of course I have. I saw Hendrix in ’69!
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
We’re the same day as Sabbath so that’ll be cool. I’m also gonna try and get to Dr Dog and Sharon Van Etten that day. I really want to see Frank Ocean too.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Our tour manager makes bad smells. Everyone else has headphones in and sleeps so they’re alright. Definitely Simon the TM. Absolutely disgusting.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
I bought an EP by Gallops and by Tall Ships, two British bands. I try and support small labels by buying their stuff. If you’re on RCA forget it. Actually I just bought the new Antlers EP too. Love an EP.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
The sunshine and the nice friendly people that come to our shows there. We were really pleasantly surprised by the turnout the last time we played. Lame answer? Don’t care. Michael Jordan.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Too bad suckers! But see you soon! Then maybe a smiley face or a x
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a…
Colin Farrell tribute show.
Playing Friday, August 3 at 3:20 PM on the BMI stage