Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Laura Warshauer answered our questions.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
The intensity. Between the collective of artists playing all this amazing music, the heat of the summer, the energy that the fans bring out, and the celebration of individuality and community all at once…it feels like the best summer camp you’ve ever gone to.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
It’s all good with ME!
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Florence and the Machine, Dev and LP!
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Oooohhh I carefully sought out my band members so that there is no such thing!
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
The Metric album, “Fantasies”.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
Lollapalooza! And having seen U2 play Soldier Field on their 360 tour.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
I love just gearing up for the big day at Lolla…I was lucky to have gone on a 16-city national tour opening up for Bob Schneider in the Spring and early summer that didn’t affect my festival date!
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Wish you were here!
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
Playing Saturday, August 4 at 12:00 PM on the BMI stage