Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
Here are the band’s answers.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Meeting new people that you would never have run into otherwise. Other than that we don’t know because we’ve never played one before!
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Constant swamp ass at the open bar, not being able to see all the bands you want to hear.
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
We’ve collectively attended Lollapalooza, Warped Tour, Ibiza 123, SXSW, Rock in Rio, Mayhem Festival, Summer Slaughter, Ultra, and the notorious Petapalooza. Carson once went to a garlic festival with his aunt and grandma. We’ve also been to several sausage festivals. And by sausage festivals we mean Ozzfest.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing?
U2, Michael Buble, Jaared, Pat Metheny, Andre Rieu, Celine Dion, etc. But for these purposes, Sabbath, RHCP, At the Drive In, Justice, Die Antwoort, Sigur Ros, Metric, Little Dragon, Gaslight Anthem. Especially Black Sabbath.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabuphada. Chanting for 24 hours cross country. He’s not coming to Lolla with us.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
Baroness’ Yellow and Green
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
Local artists are very progressive, unique and affordable. Also the food… Eden dreams of Alinea.
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
It made our whole band cry. It was disgusting.
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
Why do you live there? (Eden’s from Ohio)
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a _________.
Perry Ferrell is the name of our band fish. We love him very much. Hopefully he’s still alive when we get back from Lollapalooza.
Playing Sunday August 5 at 12:00 PM on the BMI stage