Lollapalooza is coming up. As always, Glorious Noise will have a posse roaming Grant Park in search of warm felafels and cold beer. Along the way we try to stumble across some good music. There are a lot of bands on the line-up that we don’t know much about. So we threw out some questions to help us all get to know the Lollapalooza line-up.
The Dunwells responded.
1. What’s the best part of playing festivals?
Playing to large crowds of people that may not have heard our music before. Also being part of the festival experience – it’s like a big party.
2. What’s the worst part of playing festivals?
Portaloos – especially on the last day!
3. Have you ever attended a music festival as a fan?
We get some great festivals in the UK and between us we’ve been to lots of them including Leeds festival (in our home town), Glastonbury (the year it was a mud bath!), Distortion festival and Isle of Wight.
4. Other act(s) you’re most looking forward to seeing at Lollapalooza?
At the drive in – Rob’s choice, Gary Clark Jnr – Dave H’s choice, Justice – Joe’s choice, Dave D – Florence and the machine, Jonny – Sigur Ros.
5. Who is the worst band/entourage member to sit next to on the van/bus?
Either Joe who has a habit of spilling drinks everywhere, or Jonny who likes to spread out so you always seem to get his feet in your face.
6. What’s the last music purchase you paid for with your own money?
Dave H – I just downloaded Joe Bonamassa’s new album and some remastered John Mayall albums. Rob – Brand New album called Daisy. Jonny – Hed PE Broke. Joe bought the latest Elbow album. Dave D – I just downloaded Michael Kiwanuka and the Ben Howard album.
7. What’s your favorite thing about Chicago?
We’ve never been to Chicago so we are excited to see the city. We’ve heard it is an amazing place!
8. How has Lollapalooza’s radius clause (no shows within 300 miles six months before and three months after) affected your touring schedule?
It hasn’t really affected us as we’ve only just begun our US tour and head to Colorado straight after the festival. [According to a press release received this morning, they’re actually playing Milwaukee, Madison, and Minneapolis before Colorado -Ed.]
9. Got anything to say to fans in Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio who can’t make it to Lollapalooza?
We hope to see you at a show local to you later this year!
10. Finish this sentence: Perry Farrell is a…
massive fan of the Dunwells!
Playing Saturday, August 4 at 4:30 PM on the BMI stage