this is not a rock & roll post. there is no spoon.

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

this is not a rock & roll post. there is no spoon.

Postby nobodygirl » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:32 am

...but if i know rock geeks, i know that they are also film geeks. so i am curious. please tell. what did y'all think about "matrix revolutions?" if you have not seen it, what have you been hearing about it? good or bad?
i saw it on the opening night here where not one, not two, but three fanboys came dressed as neo. together. and we laughed at them. aloud. and one of my friends theorized while we were waiting for it to start that it was going to be shitty and that zion was going to be saved by ewoks. a good time was had by all.
...as you may be able to tell by my freshly uploaded avatar, i loved it. and am also a huge trendy bandwagon-jumping geeky geek. but i liked "reloaded," too, so according to some people i do not know what i'm talking about and am not allowed to speak.
but i am.
SO THERE.

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 am

I think the exact quote from the twerp in my music theory class was "pithy drivel," but he pronounced it "pie-thee" and that doesn't make sense so no one cared what he said.
What was my point? Oh, yeah - I heard it still wasn't as thought-provoking as the first one. What's up with Neo flying all of a sudden? Doesn't that make all the fights kind of pointless? Someone take away his Red Bull.

thousandfold
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby thousandfold » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:46 pm

I thought it was really well-made. (Of course, I loved Reloaded - I saw it four times in the theatre.)

It's hard to explain how I felt about the movie without giving anything away, so I'll just say that I left that movie super-depressed.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:08 pm

Where's Josh? This thread was made for him?

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:11 pm

Stacey K wrote: What's up with Neo flying all of a sudden? Doesn't that make all the fights kind of pointless? Someone take away his Red Bull.

yeah, we were wondering about that too. for the record, from what i remember, the only time that he actually flew was when he was in the big it-ends-tonight rainsoaked battle hoohah with smith, so it kind of makes sense that he does because it's The End and his anger and drive have grown to epic proportions and there are Things That Happen in the movie that would make my pasty ass fly too if i had to endure them. but it still doesn't quite follow that he's..in..the matrix..while flying.
but it's not like they show scenes of him flying to the local wal-mart.
...anyone?

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Postby Dreamin » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:39 pm

There may be no spoon, but that doesn't mean there should be no (decent) plot either.

I loved the Matrix, but Reloaded and Revolutions leave me cold. I was really disappointed by the weak dialogue, cringeworthy love scenes, blah, blah, blah... The special effects kick ass, of course, but I want some good writing too.

You know you're in trouble if MTV can upstage you. Their spoof of the Architect scene in Reloaded was just brilliant!

trix
GLONO Board Playa

Postby trix » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:20 pm

eh.. i thought i was sorta boring and i nearly laughed through some of the crap they were talking....

get with the good stuff guys!

the first was a stand alone film. it was complete, while the next two were tack-ons....

but saying that i really wanted it to be good, i loved the premise.
ah well..

infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby infectiousdisease » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:15 pm

You know you're in trouble if MTV can upstage you. Their spoof of the Architect scene in Reloaded was just brilliant!

Ah how I laughed. And then, when those stupid video awards came on again, oh how I laughed again. It might just be that I love Will Farrell, but meh.

I actually haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies, but what I've heard is that they're "totally great. The best ever. You have to go see them...hey, maybe with me..." This is coming from the guys that can't concentrate on anything else if a piece of ass is walking across the room. As such, I'm not passing judgement until I see them myself (preferably with friends only.)

Return to “Rants and Raves”