Songs That Make You Want To Commit Murder

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Herb Tarlek
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Herb Tarlek »

nobodygirl wrote:.....becomes shittier but with Jennie Garth and more "flava."
LOL!! Damn near fell off my chair when I read this. But REALLY, what isn't automatically shittier with Jennie Garth? 90210 was classic in it's day, but where the hell is she nowadays? Living under the rock of obscurity with Todd Bridges perhaps......
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

J-Kwon - Tipsy (and I tend to be forgiving where modern rap is concerned)
U2 - Elevation
ANYTHING BY THE EAGLES
The Doors - Light My Fire

and of course, the grandaddy of them all:

Pearl Jam - Bugs

If you don't own Vitalogy, it's worth buying just to hear this song, which I've always maintained is the worst moment in rock history.
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

Herb Tarlek wrote:
LOL!! Damn near fell off my chair when I read this. But REALLY, what isn't automatically shittier with Jennie Garth? 90210 was classic in it's day, but where the hell is she nowadays? Living under the rock of obscurity with Todd Bridges perhaps......
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321018/

is what nobodygirl is referring to, Herb. Apparently you don't spend as much time watching the WB as I do. Be proud.
Herb Tarlek
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Herb Tarlek »

dieblucasdie wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321018/

is what nobodygirl is referring to, Herb. Apparently you don't spend as much time watching the WB as I do. Be proud.
You are correct sir! I believe the WB network station we get is from L.A. but I never watch it. Is there anything worth watching on it? If "What I Like About You" is one of it's top rated shows then I guess the answer is definitely "no!".

Although I caught the Canadian premiere of a new series called "Rescue Me", starring Denis Leary as a veteran NYC firefighter trying to get by while the memories of 9/11 and the friends/family he lost there are still fresh in his mind. Funny parts, good writing, looks promising. Apparently it is from a US Cable network whose name escapes me (not HBO), so I am sure we are getting it 3 years after it aired in the US, but it looks good so far. Has anyone else seen it? Have they made more than 1 season? Just curious.
anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by anothermonkey »

what springs to mind:

-shiny happy people
-anything by styx or kansas
-ballroom blitz w/tia carrere
-anything by from autumn to ashes
infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by infectiousdisease »

nobodygirl wrote:Oh, and "Walking On Sunshine."
That's what was declared to be 'my' theme song. Since birth, practically. Why, you ask? My name is Katrina.

How You Remind Me by Nickelback makes me want to kill...
and er...what's it called...some song off the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack, by Train or some other boring band. And I realized today that Usher makes me want to spill blood. Any song, it doesn't matter. How people listen to Usher and all those other "R&B" people is beyond me...
Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Post by Dreamin »

Glass Tiger's "hit", Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone), makes me mental. Bryan Adams will always be enemy #1 for writing that piece of fucking shit.

Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh die, die, die!

And Coopstar, that story about your ex g.f. and Toby Keith is very disturbing. *shudder*
creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

hotel california... ugh!

that goddam four non blondes song... "what's up" i think? AAAAAIIIIIGHHHH!!

and that piece of shit song from a couple o' years ago with the "i like girls that wear abercrombie&fitch" line in it... i'm gettin' the gun...
Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Maarten »

any wolfsheim, matchbox 20 or maroon 5 song. these bands should all be stoned to death (with actual stones i mean) for writing such crap
Batchy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Batchy »

Shiny Happy People! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Or how about those plastic, manafactured pop tunes aimed at the teeny boppers that all sound like a rehash of a rehash that was originally hashed somewhere in a studio in 1991 by the Studiontron Hitmaker 2000!

It's criminal the crap that's out there. However, a least tunes like "Drive" from The Cars or whoever originally had something going for them until overkill and overplay turned them into crap. What's worse is stuff that's crap from first listen cos you know it's empty, souless garbage. That's the worst. I want to kill Britney, Christina Ag, Busted, Westlife (i really hate those knobs), Robbie Williams and all of the other bunkum that passess for pop hysteria these days. Jesus give me strength!