Songs That Make You Want To Commit Murder

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

creepy wrote:and that piece of shit song from a couple o' years ago with the "i like girls that wear abercrombie&fitch" line in it...
It's amusing how many songs that have been listed are songs that I really enjoy. A lot of these are just dumb, simple, non-threatening pop songs. "New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits... Chinese food makes me sick... in the summer... in the summer..." How can you hate that?
anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by anothermonkey »

dieblucasdie wrote:
and of course, the grandaddy of them all:

Pearl Jam - Bugs

If you don't own Vitalogy, it's worth buying just to hear this song, which I've always maintained is the worst moment in rock history.
I don't know...I think the worst moment in rock history has to be Axl's 'My World' on 'Use Your Illusion II.' That shit is HORRIBLE. -
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

anothermonkey wrote:
I don't know...I think the worst moment in rock history has to be Axl's 'My World' on 'Use Your Illusion II.' That shit is HORRIBLE. -
Thanks, I thought I had buried that song deep enough into my subconscious to where it would never return. Well, it just came back. Ugh.

And yeah, Nickelback makes me want to pop my eardrums with a rusty nail.
jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 »

Whitney's "I Will Always Love You." I can barely tolerate Dolly's original, but I lived in a 2-story duplex, and the family upstairs had a teenage girl that would play that song the summer it was popular roughly 15 times a day... back-to-back, over and over and over. Ugh.
Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

Jake wrote: It's amusing how many songs that have been listed are songs that I really enjoy. A lot of these are just dumb, simple, non-threatening pop songs. "New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits... Chinese food makes me sick... in the summer... in the summer..." How can you hate that?
It shocks the Svenster sometimes how rockers who party to all the time greats don't get the "it's so bad it's good stuff." Nothin better than walkin through a store and "He Shines" by Sheena Easton comes on, or "Break My Stride" by Mathew Wilder. You sing along just loud enough so others can hear!
Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

I totally missed the memo that went out to hipsters about we're supposed to hate the Eagles. I'm not sure why we're supposed to hate the Eagles. They never offended me in the least. Like Fleetwood Mac, They're songs from my childhood that I never turn off the radio but don't like well enough to buy the album. In fact, they're exactly like the Mac, so why the love for the Mac and the hate for the 'E?'
beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by beginthebegin »

My personal hell is Smash Mouth's shitbrown classic, All Star. I swear, everytime I hear that douchebag roll up on the radio with "someBODY once told me..." I want to drop it all and start taking hostages. There are too many irritating things about that song to list... the guitar sound, the stupid fucking scratching in the prechorus, the pep-rally-for-retards lyrics...

the whistling? whistling? how do you write a song like this? i can't even begin to comprehend....

I have a high tolerance for audio pain. I have more guilty pleasures than I care to name, and I find myself listening to a great deal of terrible music out of my morbid curiosity. But this song makes me feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
Mick
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Mick »

the next time sombody sings the song "mickey" to me, i'm going to turn their face into jelly.
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

Mick wrote:the next time sombody sings the song "mickey" to me, i'm going to turn their face into jelly.
You mean "Hey Mickey, you're so fine" Mickey, or "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E" Mickey?
LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by LionIndex »

I totally missed the memo that went out to hipsters about we're supposed to hate the Eagles. I'm not sure why we're supposed to hate the Eagles.
I didn't either. But, the Dude can't stand the fucking Eagles, and that's good enough for me, although they generally made me retch before I ever saw that anyway.

Half of Steve Miller's ouevre will drive me batshit. It hurts too much to even get into specifics. That is all.