LIST 'EM!!! My First Bells

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:31 pm

No cool points for my picks:

First Cassettes:
Best of Jan and Dean (I was 6)
Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA (I was 8)
Winger- I don't even remember which one (I was 9)

And Depeche Mode Violator- still one of my top 5 albums. That's right, bitches.

First CD:
Oasis Definitely Maybe- no clue what happened to it, but I'd probably pull it out once in a while if I still had it.

MightyPOLY
GLONO Board Playa

Post by MightyPOLY » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:54 pm

First record: Bought from Sears if I remember correctly - Thriller, M. Jackson.

First cassette: Bought at Turtles records, Gainesville, FL - INXS Kick. Damn, how cool was I?

First CD: Bought at Target, Joshua Tree - U2.

How funny is that, I can actually remember where I got them.. From there on, it's all a mystery. Hell, I just came across a Busta Rhymes CD the other day that I have NO idea how I got.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:03 pm

Oh, I think I've got you all beat as far as guilty pleasures are concerned... Drumroll please...

First CD: Les Miserables original Broadway soundtrack. Aww yeah! Top that motherfuckers.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:13 pm

Jake wrote:Oh, I think I've got you all beat as far as guilty pleasures are concerned... Drumroll please...

First CD: Les Miserables original Broadway soundtrack. Aww yeah! Top that motherfuckers.
One of the saddest days of my life...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:19 pm

D. Phillips wrote:One of the saddest days of my life...
One more day to revolution,
We will nip it in the bud!
I will join these little schoolboys,
They will wet themselves with blood!

Come on! That's a dope jam, yo.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:26 pm

Jake wrote:
One more day to revolution,
We will nip it in the bud!
I will join these little schoolboys,
They will wet themselves with blood!

Come on! That's a dope jam, yo.
Where's that CD now, yo? Remember the last time you listened to it?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:32 pm

First 45 I bought was the "Convoy" single. It had a really crapy B-side that I can't remember.

First LP I bought with my own money was some kind of Sci-Fi soundtrack comp. It had "Star Wars" across the top of it and a drawing of two people in space suits dancing on the jacket. That's all I cared about. That record had the Star Wars theme, Star Trek Them and the old Superman theme. Not the John Williams one, the old one from the 1950s.

I think the first REAL album I bought was Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. I thought Stevie Nicks was a babe. I only liked them for a year. After that I decided that Heart was way more cool.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:32 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Where's that CD now, yo? Remember the last time you listened to it?
I lent it to a friend back when I was in college. And haven't seen it since.

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:46 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:First LP I bought with my own money was some kind of Sci-Fi soundtrack comp. It had "Star Wars" across the top of it and a drawing of two people in space suits dancing on the jacket.
Me too. Actually it was given to me many years after release. "Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk" by Meco. One side was the Star Wars themes done to disco. And the other side consisted of three songs. "Other", "Galactic", and "Funk." No shit.

First casette: Thriller

First cd: umm, also a gift. Firehouse's self-titled debut. shudder...

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sugarcubes Forever » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:51 pm

Coopstar wrote:
Me too. Actually it was given to me many years after release. "Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk" by Meco. One side was the Star Wars themes done to disco. And the other side consited of three songs. "Other", "Galactic", and "Funk." No shit.

First casette: Thriller

First cd: umm, also a gift. Firehouse's self-titled debut. shudder...
Yeah! That was the album. Later I realized that it wasn't the "real" Star Wars theme and I got really mad. But, hey! I was 6 years old.

I not only had Thriller. In Jr High my grandma made me a sequined glove and I use to wear the fucking thing outside of the house. In Public!! With sleevless t-shirts and mirrored glasses. I was a damn mess. Thank god I found Heavy Metal in the 8th grade or I'd still be a pussie.