Giant Post Of What The Hell Happened To You, Band?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

thousandfold
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by thousandfold »

grounded5am wrote:i would also like to add to that list the sundays. man they were a great band. their last cd came out in 97 and was really really good. summertime was a great song. then all of sudden you heard nothing from them. it's been years. where the hell are they?
Actually, I agree with you, grounded. I loved Static & Silence. "Summertime" has ended up on many a mixtape of mine. I wonder what happened to them...?

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

From AMG:
After the release of Blind, the Sundays were quiet for the next several years. It would be five years until The Sundays would release another album. Wheeler and Gavurin got married, had a baby girl named Billie, and yearned for a normal life during this time. This obviously explained their absence from the music world, but it was well worth the wait. The Sundays again achieved mainstream success with their third album, Static & Silence (1997), thanks to the popular hit single "Summertime."
Looks like they tried to leave the game after Blind. Maybe Static & Silence was a one off? Maybe they only made it because they needed money?

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

ok, i just thought of a "where the hell did they go?!" band/guy... has anybody heard anything about what neutral milk hotel/jeff mangum has been up to?

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

Well, creepy, I think he's basically just being insane.

From the NMH official website:
Jeff has been working on a collection of short stories. He also just joined the circus and wants to make a movie about snails.
The really scary thing is that I kind of believe this.

anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by anothermonkey »

Coopstar wrote:Yeah I think I read recently that Hot Hot Heat were getting ready to release their major label debut. Anyone back me on this?
Yeah, we'll be hearing *plenty* about Hot Hot Heat soon...I'm sure whatever major they're on is planning a Franz Ferdinand/Killers/Strokes-like onslaught of promotion. Most likely we'll all be sick of hearing about them within the year.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Post by Dreamin »

I'm already sick of Hot Hot Heat.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am »

Katy wrote:
Actually, I agree with you, grounded. I loved Static & Silence. "Summertime" has ended up on many a mixtape of mine. I wonder what happened to them...?
yes i love that song. as well as here's where the story ends. they were the best brit band to come out of the early 90's. and thanks dieblucasdie for the info. appreciate it.