Egregious Abuse Of Forums: Goddammit, Johnny Loftus

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:14 am

Yeah, and Willow and Tara weren't treated as a cheap male fantasy, like Marissa/Alex is bound to be.

You can almost hear the writers pitching:

"Awww, fuck, this DJ cat is booooring. But Marissa needs a love interest because we all know Misha can't carry a scene. What other characters do we have lying around who she could hook up with?"

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:17 am

dieblucasdie wrote: You can almost hear the writers pitching:
"Awww, fuck, this DJ cat is booooring...."
If by 'boring,' you also mean 'forty.'

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:41 am

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer had an openly lesbian couple on the show for several seasons. Unlike shows like the OC, they really were lesbians, not just girls gone wild, and Willow was one of the original lead characters on the series. They dealt with this openly on the show and very respectfully too.

The there is always Xena Warrior Princess (which might not count because it was syndicated and not a network program). That show was chock full of lesbianism. Once you've seen two women giving each other a milk bath, you can't help but tune in again and again.
Wow. I TOTALLY forgot about Willow on Buffy.

How I did that I do not know.

I stand corrected then. I shall now go hang my head in shame.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:43 pm

nobodygirl wrote: If by 'boring,' you also mean 'forty.'
I also find it funny how he's vaguely Hispanic, but not too Hispanic.

explosionsinthesky
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by explosionsinthesky » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:12 pm

I also find it funny how he's vaguely Hispanic, but not too Hispanic.
He's also vaguely the worst character on the show ever....worse than Oliver. The guy has been on every episode(excluding the latest) and he's had about 5 lines and I don't remember any of them. I think that hooking up the worst actress on the show with that hunk of shit was a really bad idea. Thank god they have Marissa going sapphic.....

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:17 pm

I don't know. He sucks ass, but he still acts Marissa off the fucking screen.

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:23 pm

dieblucasdie wrote:I don't know. He sucks ass, but he still acts Marissa off the fucking screen.
I dunno, she acted pretty excited in that face wash commercial. Maybe she just needs some kind of motivation... or help.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sugarcubes Forever » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:25 pm

Charli wrote:
Wow. I TOTALLY forgot about Willow on Buffy.

How I did that I do not know.

I stand corrected then. I shall now go hang my head in shame.

Willow was the cerebral hipster's Hotty. I don't care if Seth was name dropping Death Cab on the OC. The scooby gang was the real thing, and now that they're no longer on TV I feel the same empty pit in my soul that was there when Fox Mulder disapeared on the X Files, and I had to admit to myself that "it was all over."

You CAN'T FUCKING HAVE THE X FILES WITHOUT FOX!!! THAT'S THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THE SHOW!

I'm so bummed out now.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:53 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:

Willow was the cerebral hipster's Hotty. I don't care if Seth was name dropping Death Cab on the OC. The scooby gang was the real thing, and now that they're no longer on TV I feel the same empty pit in my soul that was there when Fox Mulder disapeared on the X Files, and I had to admit to myself that "it was all over."

You CAN'T FUCKING HAVE THE X FILES WITHOUT FOX!!! THAT'S THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THE SHOW!

I'm so bummed out now.
I hear ya, man. I'm still lamenting over the shit that passes for a Simpsons episode these days.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:51 pm

Don't worry, gang - there's still plenty of swell reality tv on! I can hardly wait to see who the Donald fires this week!