So....is it time to do a Best Albums of 2004 yet?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Coopstar wrote:I wanna see what my fellow Glo-Noer's choose for their record of the year.
We don't really do that. We don't have a strict methodlogy to narrow different people's lists down to one "authoritative" list. We just sort of let everybody know what each of us has been moved by throughout the year. See what we did in years past: 2003, 2002.

I suppose it's too late to ask you to hold off on posting your own lists until Monday. Well, post your lists in the comments of the thread, too, when we release the article on Monday.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

Coopstar wrote: Yes that Fiery Furnaces record is the most overated - and the Arcade Fire aren't on my list either.
Amen, brother!

I'm fully flabbergasted by the fervor they've fomented. It's fucking freaky. Both bands annoy me.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 »

I suppose it's too late to ask you to hold off on posting your own lists until Monday. Well, post your lists in the comments of the thread, too, when we release the article on Monday.[/quote]

You are not my daddy. Are you?!

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar »

Jake wrote: We don't really do that....

I suppose it's too late to ask you to hold off on posting your own lists until Monday. Well, post your lists in the comments of the thread, too, when we release the article on Monday.
My bad Jake - just testing the waters.

thousandfold
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by thousandfold »

Barabajagal wrote: I'm fully flabbergasted by the fervor they've fomented. It's fucking freaky.
I'm impressed by your alliteration, though!

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

Katy wrote:I'm impressed by your alliteration, though!
:-) Had to keep the f's going. I don't really think it's that freaky--both albums are interesting accomplishments. I'm more surprised by the chord they struck in the peoples and the folks.

anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by anothermonkey »

"Yes that Fiery Furnaces record is the most overated - and the Arcade Fire aren't on my list either."
Barabajagal wrote:
Amen, brother!

I'm fully flabbergasted by the fervor they've fomented. It's fucking freaky. Both bands annoy me.
I agree. I've only heard two or three songs by The Arcade Fire, but I really wasn't very impressed. It was a little bland and I didn't find anything very unique about it. To all the kids: be critical of what Pitchfork tells you...

oatmealblizzard
GLONO Board Playa

Post by oatmealblizzard »

Well....I must say that I truly despised the Arcade Fire record at first. But I gave it a second chance, and it slowly grew on me. I'd say its probably in my top 5 albums of the year now.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

All right: go nuts.