New Year's Resolutions

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

New Year's Resolutions

Post by miss carol »

Now that Christmas is over, the next Big Day is New Years. This time of reflection can be one of regret and one of hope at the same time. Last year I resolved to quit my job and lose 20 lbs. I did both; indeed, I lost 27 lbs (yay me!). I try to rest on those laurels (for which I wierdly receive accolades from friends and strangers alike) so as not to dwell on those aspects of my life that I'd REALLY like to change, but aren't in my power to do so. I've spent the last couple of weeks determining my resolutions for 2005: save a large sum of money to emigrate, write my screeplay/book, and find a full time "real"/full time job in publishing. Unfortunately, I don't have control over the latter, but in my mind, if I don't make it a resolution, it won't happen. As for the (ahem) other aspects, well, I STILL shan't dwell on him/them.

How about you? Have you consumed the appropriate quantity of alcohol to figure out what you resolve to do in 2005?
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Me, I resolve to either achieve enlightenment or quit smoking.
Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar »

I resolve to quit smoking, stop talking to my ex gf, take my career more seriously and become a better brother.
Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 »

I'm going to start using heroin.
grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am »

i just resolve to have as good a year as 2004 if not better. continue down the road that i am on as it is the best road i've found so far. i also will contiune talking and seeing the one i love even if they are or become my ex. love is a many splintered thing and i don't care how infected i get. here's a toast of jaggermister to the new year.
stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 »

Same as every year.

To speak ill of the dead.

F-Reggie White.
Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim »

once again, I will try to quit smoking. I always seem to go a month or so without it, and then something happens that stresses me out, and then I start smoking worse than ever before.

If I could go back in time, I would smack my younger self, and tell him to put the cigarettes down.
infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by infectiousdisease »

I resolve to focus in 2005. This year, I was frantically just trying to do everything, being an overachiever and that so yeah...in 2005 I want to slow down and actually pay full attention to my friends and family, which they deserve!
worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede »

Just when I thought nothing could be worse than 2003, 2004 comes around and shoves its fist up my ass. Have you ever been fisted an entire year? Don't resolve to try it. Resolutions for 2005:
-Stop smoking for the billionth time
-Sell out again to "the man"
-Knock off this "keep it inside" bullshit; be open with feelings to the significant other and emote, fer Christsakes
-Sue Shimmy Disc
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

worpswede wrote:-Sue Shimmy Disc
Ooooh, this looks promising!! Why would one wish to sue Shimmy Disc? That's the record label arm of the Knitting Factory, right? They issued Gwar's first platter, Hell-O. Which, for some, might be reason enough to sue them... Gwar strikes me as Sven's kind of band.