Ashlee Booed off stage...cruel justice, indeed!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Ashlee Booed off stage...cruel justice, indeed!

Post by Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:07 am

Ha ha! My indie sense of irony finds this Oh So hilarious.

Did anybody catch the Orange Bowl game? Looks like poor Ashlee was booed off the stage at the end of her set.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:24 am

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:44 am

ouch.
Jessica "Andy Kaufman" Simpson has something to do with this Id wager!

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:21 am

Yeah, I saw it. Probably the one highlight of an otherwise boring ass-kicking game. I caught the end of her screeching and then the crowd just erupted in BOOOO.... at least she didn't do a 'hoe-down' this time.

Her time is coming to an end, I feel.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:23 am

Tim wrote:Her time is coming to an end, I feel.
Or, maybe, college football fans are not her target demographic.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:37 am

these are not discriminating consumers...when these guys boo you, you know its bad!
Jake wrote: Or, maybe, college football fans are not her target demographic.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Post by Johnny Loftus » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:41 am

The entire halftime show was hopelessly chaotic. All three acts (Kelly Clarkson, Trace Adkins, and Ashlee Simpson) were plagued with sound issues, and the cramped stage didn't seem able to handle the rapidly shifting musician personnel. Approximately 40,000 dancers were leaping to and fro around it – for Trace they line danced, but other than that their moves looked like Gregory Hines at an three-day ether frolic.

Because the camera switched to a Goodyear Blimp aerial each time fireworks shot out of the drummer's ass, the entire program was difficult to watch. Close-ups on the artist would cut in rapid succession to the guitarist playing something you couldn't hear anyway, and then just as quickly we'd be out in space, watching the goddamn thing from the International Space Station. Then it was back down to earth for another few close-ups on Kelly or Ashlee, by now obscured by whirling dervish dancers and fighting desperately with their earpiece monitors.

Clarkson probably handled the confusion best. With NO vocal for the first verse, she simply waited for the techs to figure it out, and then launched valiantly and a little off-key into "Since U Been Gone". Adkins, for his part, just seemed annoyed with the whole operation, as if he was just gonna "sing" through it so everyone could get back to watching the Trojans trounce Oklahoma. And Ashlee? Well, "La La" is one of the lamest songs ever written. Coupled with her pained expression, goofy jig, and generally well-meaning, but completely amateur singing voice, it was just a disgrace. Not to mention the oversexed lyrics – "You make me want to la la/In the kitchen on the floor/I'm like an alley cat/Drink the milk I want more" – which Simpson tried to punctuate with pelvis dancing and out of character ('cause that what she is, a character) tittie shakes. Ashlee, you can't be a hot and sexy singer when a) you can't sing and b) you replace "have sex with you" with "La La". You're already handily ruining music. Don't ruin fucking for us, too.

JTL

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:04 pm

Johnny Loftus wrote:Not to mention the oversexed lyrics – "You make me want to la la/In the kitchen on the floor/I'm like an alley cat/Drink the milk I want more"
That song was already written. It's called "Milkshake." Damn right, Ashlee, it's better than yours. Kelis should sue her.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:06 pm

First Limp Bizkit booed off a stage last year, now Ashlee Simpson? Hmm, maybe there is hope for the human race.

.....Nah.

blackshoestring
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by blackshoestring » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:11 pm

booooooooo