Big Release in '05

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by beginthebegin »

Herb Tarlek wrote:
Eeewwwwwww!!!
It was "turgid," wasn't it? The more I say it, the more gross that words sounds.

Lots of people have been calling 2004 limp (sorry) for new records, but I thought it was a pretty damn fine year. A Ghost is Born, From a Basement on a Hill, The College Droupout, and Funeral were all pretty landmark albums, I thought. I was kept pretty happy (and poor) all year long, despite several disappointments (disastrous new R.E.M., underwhelming new Grant Lee Phillips, forgettable new Mos Def).

Umm, is there a new Dylan record coming out in 2005? That would be the hot rats!
LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by LionIndex »

Yeah, I've heard three of their new songs on their website, and they sound amazing. About 1,000 times more advanced then Source Tags and Codes
Hmmm....I'll have to check those--if they're the same ones that were on what I bought in November...well, those were just ass. It felt like they went all mallternative on me. But Secret of Elena's Tomb was good, so who knows?
nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl »

LionIndex wrote:Trail o' Dead's coming out with a new one, but after hearing the single/ep they put out a couple months ago I stopped being excited about it. Then I saw them live and got excited again.
Be excited. Be very excited.
(translation: I have the advance copy and it's fucking amazing for real oh my god but I am not the type of person to be all ha ha I have it and you don't because that's just rude and uncalled for but still jesus holy fuck.)
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

nobodygirl wrote: (translation: I have the advance copy and it's fucking amazing for real oh my god but I am not the type of person to be all ha ha I have it and you don't because that's just rude and uncalled for but still jesus holy fuck.)
No need to brag about it. Just hook a brotha up!
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

steve-o wrote:No need to brag about it. Just hook a brotha up!
And write the goddamn review already! :)
trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 »

I saw Trail Of Dead exactly once when they were new opening for Behead The Prophet playing to about 20 peeps at SOund Exchange records in houston.
Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar »

LionIndex wrote:Hmmm....I'll have to check those--if they're the same ones that were on what I bought in November...well, those were just ass. It felt like they went all mallternative on me. But Secret of Elena's Tomb was good, so who knows?
If you are talking about the Worlds Apart single, the other 2 songs were covers (Genesis, The Monkees).
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Don't all clamor for info on the new Riviera album. One at a time, ONE AT A TIME.
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

Jake wrote: And write the goddamn review already! :)
You know? You don't want to be the site that does the review months after everyone else. I mean, this isn't Pitchfork right?
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

steve-o wrote:You don't want to be the site that does the review months after everyone else.
We're not tied to the release schedule/hype machine. I'd rather the reviewers actually listen to records before writing about them. Plus, after all the hype quiets down, you can sometimes hear things more clearly, if you know what I mean...

That said, I know she's already had the album for a while now, ha ha.