Big Release in '05

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl »

You GUYYYYYYS, I can HEEEEEEEAR YOU, I'm RIIIIIIGHT HEEEEEEEERE.

I've already made a million excuses and apologized a million and a half times. This excuses exactly nothing, but seriously, this is like nothing they've ever done and every time I sit down to think about it/write about it I am completely stymied. In a good way, but still. It will be finished. Soon. Scout's honor.
LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by LionIndex »

If you are talking about the Worlds Apart single, the other 2 songs were covers
I guess that helps a bit--I've never really liked their singles anyway. "Relative Ways" is the one track I'm pretty much guaranteed to skip on Source Tags.
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

D. Phillips wrote:Don't all clamor for info on the new Riviera album. One at a time, ONE AT A TIME.
I'll start the buzz - I've been privileged to hear a rough mix of the new cd, and it's well worth the price of purchase. Joshua assures me my version sounds like crap, but I'm digging it all the same.
Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar »

LionIndex wrote: I guess that helps a bit--I've never really liked their singles anyway. "Relative Ways" is the one track I'm pretty much guaranteed to skip on Source Tags.
Blasphemy!
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

D. Phillips wrote:Don't all clamor for info on the new Riviera album. One at a time, ONE AT A TIME.
Hey man, tell me where/how I can pick it up, and it will be done.
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

steve-o wrote:
Hey man, tell me where/how I can pick it up, and it will be done.
Stay tuned. It comes out April 5.

In the meantime, please buy labelmates' Quasar Wut Wut's new album. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

D. Phillips wrote: In the meantime, please buy labelmates' Quasar Wut Wut's new album. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
I already did. I've been waiting for my thank-you flower basket to arrive. :)
D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips »

Oh, then you get the GLONO Super Achievement Award, which entitles you to three drunken, wet kisses from Jake Brown. Congratulations.

Seriously, thanks for picking it up. I think it's an album that people will really love once they give it a solid listen.
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

D. Phillips wrote:Oh, then you get the GLONO Super Achievement Award, which entitles you to three drunken, wet kisses from Jake Brown. Congratulations.

Seriously, thanks for picking it up. I think it's an album that people will really love once they give it a solid listen.
I'll just wait for the flower basket, thanks.

I do like the album. Reminds me of Birthday Party meets Camper Van Beethoven. Good stuff.
BoogieMan
GLONO Board Playa

Re: Big Release in '05

Post by BoogieMan »

Greenwood The Sock Monkey wrote:
Tom4 wrote:This year seems destined to be a great year for music. After a pretty bland '04, we should be in store for a bounceback year. This is what I'm looking forward to, what about you?
I agree, 2004 did seem a little more lacklustre than 2003. Hopefully 2005 turns it around.

I too await with great anxiety the new Doves and Hot Hot Heat recordings. Also looking for new records from:

Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Origins Phase 1
Ben Folds - will he compile a record from his recent EPs?
The Open - self-titled
Kraftwerk - (reissues of Autobahn, Trans-Europe Express, etc.)
Spoon - ?
Franz Ferdinand - the rumoured follow-up album?
Fountains of Wayne - rumoured b-sides collection
Radiohead - will something be out before summer festival season?

Supposedly some of these are already out, but damned if I can find them in North American stores, brick & mortar or otherwise. I may break down and go iPod yet.

GTSM.
The Soundtrack Of Our Lives is great. I think it comes out in the US in the middle of March. It was released in Sweden in October so I have been digging it for quite a while now. And I can't wait for Origins Phase 2, which is already in the can