Big Release in '05

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

steve-o wrote:I do like the album. Reminds me of Birthday Party meets Camper Van Beethoven. Good stuff.
That's interesting. I haven't heard the Birthday Party comparison before. Thanks for supporting the label, Steve. We really do appreciate it. For real. At this level, every single sale makes a difference. So thanks.

And I think maybe we should threaten people who don't buy the album with sloppy kisses from me. I think that would be a much more effective marketing campaign.
Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Post by Proptronics »

Hey, I bought it too! When some Jake Brown tongue-action getting flown into Jet City?!?!
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

Jake wrote: That's interesting. I haven't heard the Birthday Party comparison before.
Its more from the quirky (for lack of a better word) narratives in the songs. I dig it.
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

Ahem, this thread is woefully lacking

The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree

If the songs he played live are any indication, it'll be off da hook. It would be nice to see a knock-out punch from a studio Mountain Goats record.
Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar »

Oh yeah - and sorry to be a TOD fanboy, but they'll be on Letterman tonite (1/19) with Harvey Fierstein (????). The other 2 performances they did on Letterman were pretty wild... we'll see.