Roxy Music Reunites

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Roxy Music Reunites

Post by miss carol » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:57 am

...with all original members except Brian Eno for some UK dates.

This could be EXTREMELY cool or EMBARASSINGLY awful.

I also may be stupidly late on this since I got it from Pitchfork. Hell, I checked listings for Arcade Fire and I was 24 hours too late & all 3 dates are sold out.

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:09 am

Too strange! I was just listening to "For Your Pleasure!" Yeah sounds good. I immediately thought - aww shit Ferry needs to pay some bills. But if ENO is involved, then count me in as a believer. It is strange b/c this reunion came up a few years ago and ENO said something to the effect of "fuck off." (and that quote is not verbatim - its just the summary of the interview I read with his Enoship at the time).

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:12 am

Just for clarity, Eno is NOT joining.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:38 am

Still, could be cool or awful, like you said. 'Avalon' and 'Flesh & Blood' still get lots of play around Chez Shecky.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:35 am

Haven't they done this before, recently? Like, 2002 or something? I think there's even a concert DVD out, but that might be UK only... Still, a concert that I wouldn't mind seeing at all. I wonder if the gentlemen would be interested in recording a new CD... THAT I'd buy.

And yeah, Stranded, Country Life, Siren, Flesh + Blood, Avalon, and Heart Still Beating are all truly wonderful albums that get spin at Casa De Murphy as well.

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:52 am

Shit. Well next time - I won't be drunk when I get on the GloNo boards. My cred just dropped a few points. At least Manzera is involved - right?