OH MY GOD (Midwest, Trail Of Dead version)

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

T.O.D.

Post by madness » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:32 pm

That is very cool of TOD. They are just the greatest guys. I'm seeing them tonite at Metro.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:43 pm

(I took that.)
(It's from the show.)
(IT WAS VERY VERY COLD.)
(But the blur kind of speaks very nicely to the fact that they were just completely and totally manic, and one can see how they got so many broken bones in the past.)

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Post by hebrew hammer » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:09 pm

that's a really badass picture. did you purposely make it look like that, or was it an accident? either way, its cool.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:35 am

It was a happy accident. I guess I held the shutter down or something. I have a friend who is an Actual Photographer who has told me repeatedly that the only way blurry pictures are interesting is if there is something in focus in the picture, and I feel like a jackass poser every time I take pictures around her because.she is. so good, but I'm learning.
ps. If anyone is interested, there are more pictures from that show among others over here, including pictures of these guys and these guys.
[/self-pimping.]

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:44 pm

So how was the show? TOD rip it up?

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:So how was the show? TOD rip it up?
andyouwillknowusbythetrailofdead wrote:"Is this what you guys do? You stand around together outdoors when it's really cold and then invite bands from Southern states and then laugh at them?"
Yes they did, sir. They only played about ten songs, no encore, because IT WAS GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING COLD, but it was a really good mix of all of their studio albums, AND AND AND they played "A Perfect Teenhood," which may be my favorite TOD song EVAR. Like I said, they are manic and they throw shit around and their energy is incredible, which is good, because, you know, [cursing][cursing]COLD. We also saw Appleseed Cast's set, which consisted of maybe four songs and we are not sure why, but they were amazing too in a completely different way. Also, Appleseed singer dude looks uncannily like Raffi.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Post by hebrew hammer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:45 pm

I've heard they were brilliant live. If they ever came my way I'd be sure to see 'em. How was Appleseed Cast? A friend told me about 'em but I haven't heard anything about them. I think they might be playing near me soon, but I don't know about that.

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Coopstar » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:24 pm

I can vouch - saw them Austin kids last week in Louisville. I asked both Jason and Conrad how they do it every night. Jason's response - <hands me a Red Bull and Stoley's> Conrad's response - "Crack cocaine brotha!" Cool dudes.

Heitzie
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Heitzie » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:07 pm

I got back from the Minneapolis show last night. At most of their shows the band is offering an almost immediate burned copy of the show you just attended for $15.00, in partnership with Dentine Ice gum if you can believe it. Still, sponsorship aside, it's an awesome idea.

Also,
1. The set list was skull-crushingly heavy, stuff off "Madonna" and "Source Codes" and no "Summer of 91"
2. The opening band "Sword" is as heavy as Melvins or classic Sabbath.
3. This was the largest pit I've seen since the mid-90's
4. My ears are still ringing, and I did so much damage to my ears in my teens that that hasn't happened in years.