Saturday: Detholz, Hard Lessons @ Schubas

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Saturday: Detholz, Hard Lessons @ Schubas

Post by Johnny Loftus » Thu May 05, 2005 9:05 am

Just announced!

Detholz!
Hard Lessons
5/7/2005
Schubas

The Chicago GloNo crew knows all about Detholz. But what about The Hard Lessons? Without a doubt, the trio is one of the strongest young groups in Detroit right now. Ragged and youthful, they mix vintage garage/max R&B stomp (Castaways, Seeds) with sashaying female vocals and organ runs. Gasoline, their debut full-length, just came out on No Fun.

MP3s here: http://www.nofunrecords.com/bands.htm

Call me a homer, supporter, whatever - all I know is that Gasoline rules my living room, and the weather's only getting hotter.

JTL

Fuck I don't care, use this gig as your jump-off to Al Stewart the next day at Schubas. "Year of the Cat": all-time creepiest 70s song ever.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu May 05, 2005 9:15 am

Also on the bill is Satellite 66, a Chicago band that contains Jude Lemrow, who recorded Riviera's new album and played drums with the Blue Ribbon Brothers, and says:
For an added bonus, Schubas has opened up it's upstairs bar and DJ's will be spinning all night long. The featured DJ's on Saturday night are none other than Chicago favorites the M's.
I didn't even realize Schubas had an upstairs bar.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Post by Johnny Loftus » Thu May 05, 2005 9:59 am

Sounds like all yous and your mothers better be at Schubas Saturday night. Damn, I wish I could make it into town.

JTL

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Thu May 05, 2005 10:13 am

Jake wrote:Also on the bill is Satellite 66, a Chicago band that contains Jude Lemrow, who recorded Riviera's new album and played drums with the Blue Ribbon Brothers, and says:
For an added bonus, Schubas has opened up it's upstairs bar and DJ's will be spinning all night long. The featured DJ's on Saturday night are none other than Chicago favorites the M's.
I didn't even realize Schubas had an upstairs bar.
The upstairs bar is usually used for private parties or as a "green room" for artists. They have been opening it up for DJ sets here and there though.

I'll be at this show.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Post by Dreamin » Thu May 05, 2005 3:40 pm

I saw them open for Wilco at the 9:30 Club in Washington a couple months back and they were amazing. Wish I could be there.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu May 05, 2005 3:51 pm

Johnny Loftus wrote:Sounds like all yous and your mothers better be at Schubas Saturday night.
I'll see if my in-laws are up for some all-night rock and roll. Maybe take 'em to Carol's afterwards for a 3am nightcap...

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli » Thu May 05, 2005 4:01 pm

Well JB and I will be at Wilco that night but if they go on on schedule that night we should be out of there between 10:30 and 11 meaning we just may be able to swing by and catch this show.

Then again, maybe not. Who knows.

WalterCracker
GLONO Board Playa

Post by WalterCracker » Fri May 06, 2005 4:58 am

The upstairs bar is usually used for private parties or as a "green room" for artists. They have been opening it up for DJ sets here and there though.
They open it up for visiting Paddys as well ;-)