Gwen Stefani is Bananas

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Gwen Stefani is Bananas

Post by Jake » Fri May 20, 2005 12:24 pm

This Shit Is Bananas - A probing analysis of Gwen Stefani’s ‘Hollaback Girl’
Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
Gwen is going to beat up the person who wronged her, after she completes the cheerleading routine that will inspire the football team to score a touchdown. Gwen has interesting priorities.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Fri May 20, 2005 12:31 pm

a) that song makes me cringe. Sorry, Loftus.
b)
All the girls stomp your feet like this
This talk of shit and stomping has nothing to do with actually stepping on feces. But what does it mean?
hee.
c) why in the heck are you looking at a website called ocweekly.com, Jake?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Fri May 20, 2005 12:34 pm

nobodygirl wrote:c) why in the heck are you looking at a website called ocweekly.com, Jake?
Looking at real estate. Just kidding. Forgot to add the Via Velvet Rope.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Post by Johnny Loftus » Fri May 20, 2005 12:47 pm

I don't care if she's overexposed. What's wrong with ridiculosity in pop music - what kind of name is "Sloopy" for a girl, anyway? Yet everyone agrees that's a pop song for the ages. No one here is saying LAMB is a classic. (Yet.) But don't fault the lady for having some gibberish fun.

I stand by my girl:

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/review.asp?id=94020

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/arch/000085.php

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Fri May 20, 2005 12:47 pm

Gwen has been the victim of some slanderous high school gossip, and she doesn’t appreciate it. Gwen is 35 years old sliding into MILF status at this point, but we’ll grant her some poetic license
Hah!
But really, I think Kelis' "Milkshake" has been edged out as worst song ever. We now have a tie thanks to Ms. Stefani.

LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by LionIndex » Fri May 20, 2005 12:52 pm

I think OC Weekly is actually the slightly southern cousin of LA Weekly, a venerable alt-weekly. The OC version is pretty good by my judgement, but my judgement uses the absolutely abysmal SD Reader as a reference point.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by nobodygirl » Fri May 20, 2005 12:56 pm

Jake wrote: Looking at real estate. Just kidding. Forgot to add the Via Velvet Rope.
OMG R U GOING TO GO SAVE KIRSTEN FROM REHAB AND MARISSA FROM CERTAIN JAIL TIME? AND CHEAT ON JOLIE WITH JULIE COOPER? OMG.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Fri May 20, 2005 1:18 pm

One of the best paragraphs in the history of GLONO:
No Doubt are important in the grand marginal scheme of traffic-jam guilty pleasure radio lullaby rock. Sure, Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird" was pleasant enough the first 450 times. But jeez, release another single, would you? And now that Jewel's dishwater new material has her thinking of spending a promotional year in the trunk of an Anchorage, AK Grand Turino, Stupid Radio needs something that the average dope can hum along listlessly to while waiting in line at McDonald's. And if that brain-evacuating slush happens to feature Sly & Robbie cutting up some primo instrumental juju, or Ric Ocasek moving in stereo, then super size it Pilar, because radio just got better for the next two and a half minutes.
Ha, remember when Jewel was famous?

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 » Fri May 20, 2005 3:33 pm

Jake wrote:
Ha, remember when Jewel was famous?
Who?

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Post by hebrew hammer » Fri May 20, 2005 4:07 pm

I hate you Gwen Stefani. This song was stuck in my head, and I had to listen to the new Spoon Cd for hours to put that traumatic experience behind me.

Was Jewel really ever famous Jake? (I mean outside of her yuppie soccer mom fans)