Six Feet Under Is dead! Long live Six Feet Under!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Six Feet Under Is dead! Long live Six Feet Under!

Post by Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:43 am

What did those who caught the finale think about the end of Six Feet Under.?

I thought the final montage was a little goofy. It had been rumored that we'd see how every would one day die, so I was glad to see that. Anybody know what that song was that was playing over that segment? They made it appear as if it was on that mixed CD. I hope it's not some christian shiat.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Post by Johnny Loftus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:14 am

The final montage song was "Breathe Me" by Sia.

http://www.siamusic.net/home/

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:09 pm

I thought it was pretty cool. This season was great and the finale did exactly what it should: make a viewer miss it as soon as it's over.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 pm

I did think it was a little goofy, but I liked how they didn't just go for a happy ending, but just an ending. As happy an ending as that fucked up family could hope to have.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:19 pm

Yeah absolutely, I thought the end was actually pretty stellar--we find out what became of everyone. Claire married Ted after returning from NYC (remind anyone of Nate?), Brenda re-married with two healthy girls, Ruth and George stuck together, as did Keith and David and Rico/Vanessa. And David re-names the business Fisher and Sons for the next generation of Fishers. Very fitting. I do miss it already. No other show on TV was like it. They just perfected the characters, whereas most shows will provide some backstory on their character, the SFU writers scripted entire lives for the people involved on the show, that attention to detail is what makes all of them so loveable.

Most shows' final episode borders on corny, but this one did exactly what it should have--they wrapped up the VERY frayed ends of last week's penultimate episode neatly in an hour, and gave us some finalization on the characters. The lure of SFU is the connection you make with the Fisher family, and seeing them all tackle their demons--David with his father, Brenda with Nate, etc. was what we all needed. The final season was, with a doubt, the best. It took such a step up in terms of acting and cinematography. Really in a class all it's own. Alan Ball now has one of the best films AND television series in the last 20 years.

Unfortunately, for me anyway, watching the older versions of the characters brought a sad realization to mind--when people say memories last a lifetime, they're lying. Memories fade with everything else. Does a 90 year old Claire have Nate in her mind? Was Maya raised with the knowledge of her father?

This is why I miss the show already--I have existential crises, and where else can I turn for help!?