fuel for the rumor mill - Pumpkins to reunite!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:58 pm

one thing can be guaranteed...his voive will stil still be shriller than nails on a chalkboard!

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:36 pm

I don't really see how this is any different than Zwan. I liked Zwan too. That album had some great stuff on it. Much better than the last couple of Pumpkins records and of course Corgan's solo thing, which I found to be just awful.

I hope this "reunion" is good. Maybe he can bring the party back like its 1992. I hope he can. When I saw that ad in the Tribune, I figured they were all coming back. What happened to Iha and D'Arcy?? anyone know

N8, I miss the avatar cat with the melon on its head! that shit was pretty funny haha

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Tim wrote:I don't really see how this is any different than Zwan. I liked Zwan too. That album had some great stuff on it. Much better than the last couple of Pumpkins records and of course Corgan's solo thing, which I found to be just awful.

I hope this "reunion" is good. Maybe he can bring the party back like its 1992. I hope he can. When I saw that ad in the Tribune, I figured they were all coming back. What happened to Iha and D'Arcy?? anyone know

N8, I miss the avatar cat with the melon on its head! that shit was pretty funny haha

let's just say Billy doesn't get along with those two anymore. For a while James and D'arcy were running a small indie label together. Of course Iha was also in A Perfect Circle for a while. I think Darcy runs a horse ranch or something now.

and the kitty may be back someday...

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby quasarwutwut » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Tim wrote:What happened to Iha and D'Arcy??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D'Arcy_Wretzky

That Wikipedia, it knows everything. And for my two-cents, I think Mick is a total dick too. I mean, it's mainly because of the last time he left me at home staring at a three-course dinner I had cooked for both of us, wondering where he was and why he wasn't calling. I swore that night that I would wash Radichel out of my hair for good. But he's so devilishly handsome I couldn't let him go. And look at me now, a shell of my former self... buying crack in downtown Chicago and feeding it to horses in Michigan. Curse you my Micky-Poo! Curse You!!!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:15 am

Despite all your rage, you guys are still just rats in a cage.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:04 pm

quasarwutwut wrote:

That Wikipedia, it knows everything.

actually left out that she took a stab at an acting career a couple years ago, even went under the knife with then beau mickey rourke to up her chances.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:57 pm

vitas wrote:
quasarwutwut wrote:

That Wikipedia, it knows everything.

actually left out that she took a stab at an acting career a couple years ago, even went under the knife with then beau mickey rourke to up her chances.

Jesus Christ, that is one scary picture.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 pm

holy shit, its the Joker! haha

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:26 pm

Back to the original link, wasn't Melissa Auf Dur-whatever the bassist for Hole, not Smashing Pumpkins? That's kind of an important distinction, because it if it doesn't have creepy D'arcy scowling from stage right on this reunion, it ain't the Pumpkins.

edit: Okay, I should have read a little further to get my facts straight. I stand by my D'arcy comment however.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:16 am

I have absolutely no problem with Billy and Jimmy playing together again. I think that calling themselves the Pumpkins would be like if Paul and Ringo decided to tour and call themselves the Beatles. And I think I've made myself clear on where I stand about Pete and Roger........

But if Billy C needs to make that kind of music again, and isn't afraid of revisiting (wallowing in?) the past, and that by calling his confab the Pumpkins he thinks he can add even a shred of legitimacy to it, so be it, I guess. It's a bizarre line of thought if I'm right, but would make a certain twisted kind of sense.

And frankly, I still love Mellon Collie. I never knew that mine was such a rare opinion until I read even n8 their staunchest advocate down it, and others hate on it. Each to his or her own, I guess...

Return to “Rants and Raves”