Post-War

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by cat153 »

i love Transistor Radio as well and it's worth purchasing, if for no other reason, than the beautiful Beach Boy's intrumental cover that opens the album.
andy

Post by andy »

I was at the record store and they had this on vinyl. So I got it. There's sticker on it that says there's information inside on how to download all the tracks from the Merge website.

I haven't opened it yet, but it's an interesting idea that could get me to buy more vinyl.

Vinyl buyers: Is there anything you wouldn't buy on vinyl if you can get the record with mp3s for the same price as the cd?
explosionsinthesky
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by explosionsinthesky »

I loved Transfiguration of Vincent very much and have been a big fan of M. Ward ever since. Good call posting about him.
Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 »

andy wrote:I was at the record store and they had this on vinyl. So I got it. There's sticker on it that says there's information inside on how to download all the tracks from the Merge website.

I haven't opened it yet, but it's an interesting idea that could get me to buy more vinyl.

Vinyl buyers: Is there anything you wouldn't buy on vinyl if you can get the record with mp3s for the same price as the cd?
Wow, that's a pretty fascinating idea. The only reason I don't buy more vinyl is because I have no idea how to transfer it to my iPod (although I know there is a way). I would most certainly buy everything on vinyl if I could then get the mp3s for free.
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

Tom4 wrote:Wow, that's a pretty fascinating idea. The only reason I don't buy more vinyl is because I have no idea how to transfer it to my iPod (although I know there is a way). I would most certainly buy everything on vinyl if I could then get the mp3s for free.
Both Merge and Saddle Creek are doing it. It's a brilliant move. Very pro-customer.
miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol »

M. Ward will be on Soundcheck today (see second item after Tupac).
stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 »

Good looking out, Carol.