Never played

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by grounded5am »

same here. i'm not sure if my zune has a never played list, but if it i did i'm sure it would be huge. there are many cd's i uploaded to my zune that i never listened to only to take them off. 80g? i don't see how you do it. right now i don't have enough music to fill 80g worth. at least enough that i actually would listen to regularly. in fact i have stuff on my zune that i was dying to get on there and i haven't even touched it/played it.

but then i keep adding cd's because like tom i get in fits of adding stuff every so often. what this means is that i usually find myself bored and thinking i have nothing to listen to when flipping through my collection on my zune. it's not because i don't like the music i have or that i have a bad collection. it's simply because i have too much to choose from. when i have too many choices in terms of what to listen to i tend to not to be able to find anything i want to listen to.

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:46 am

Post by Baltimucho »

thinsafetypin wrote:... i've actually really enjoyed playing through the shuffle of my never played list ...
A while ago I tried to figure out how to shuffle within a playlist on my iPod and I couldn't. So, if I want to, say, just listen to Wilco songs on shuffle, I'd have to download only the Wilco playlsit to my iPod. Am I missing something?

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1289
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:47 pm
Location: New Jerz
Contact:

Post by Tom4 »

Baltimucho wrote:
A while ago I tried to figure out how to shuffle within a playlist on my iPod and I couldn't. So, if I want to, say, just listen to Wilco songs on shuffle, I'd have to download only the Wilco playlsit to my iPod. Am I missing something?
Yes. You can go into Settings and change Play Order to Shuffle. Then go to Artists ---> Wilco ----> All.

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:46 am

Post by Baltimucho »

Tom4 wrote:
Yes. You can go into Settings and change Play Order to Shuffle. Then go to Artists ---> Wilco ----> All.
And it works. Thanks!

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Turlock, CA
Contact:

Post by thinsafetypin »

what i've been doing in iTunes (doesn't work exactly the same on the iPod) is setting my party shuffle to pull from the never played list (the source drop down at the bottom allows you to pull from any playlist, smart or otherwise, in iTunes). the beauty of doing it this way is that you can always throw in a song you really want to hear without breaking the flow, just by right (or ctrl for us macheads) clicking the song and selecting "play next in party shuffle."

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by Jake »

thinsafetypin wrote:what i've been doing in iTunes (doesn't work exactly the same on the iPod) is setting my party shuffle to pull from the never played list (the source drop down at the bottom allows you to pull from any playlist, smart or otherwise, in iTunes). the beauty of doing it this way is that you can always throw in a song you really want to hear without breaking the flow, just by right (or ctrl for us macheads) clicking the song and selecting "play next in party shuffle."
Neat. I never use the party shuffle. But I can imagine some good uses for it at the next GLONO get together (stay tuned -- our next party is going to be low key, self-DJed, unadvertised, and open barred...).

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by Jake »

519 / 10,682 = 4.86%

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Turlock, CA
Contact:

Post by thinsafetypin »

6480/11430 = 56.69%

making progress...

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by Jake »

thinsafetypin wrote:6480/11430 = 56.69%

making progress...
Wow. You had 7,945 just a month ago. Nice!

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by Jake »

96 / 10,774 = 0.89%

So close I can smell it.

Post Reply