Second Life

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by BloodshotBaby » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:59 pm

I much prefer the Sims...I own every game they put out. You can control EVERYTHING in that...My sim is totally going out with David Bowie. It's awesome. (Yes, I'm delusional.)

Second Life terrified me from the first moment. All of that 'you can be anyone' stuff...my character was purple and had rainbow wings. It just bothered me. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I spent my entire teenage years on message boards trying to convince people that I was in fact a teenage girl, not a 35 year old man.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Chris G wrote:.
That's kind of a funny attitude from people who spend so much time in online BB forums (how many others besides this one do you "socialize" at)..
None actually. Too busy working six days a week plus overtime.

Lurker01
Resident troll

Post by Lurker01 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:52 pm

worpswede wrote: Way to smack around some members of a community that you interact with just because they don't subscribe to the same interests as you.
Returning the favor: the explanation you've given for frequenting Second Life is bullshit, regardless of how many of your clients are there.
I would have totally respected you more if you would have just said "It's kind of fun and I have a good time going there."
This board has always been as much or more about hatin on who you don't like as it has about likin on who you do. Don't pretend that since you're hatin on haters you're not hatin.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Post by Dreamin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:48 am

BloodshotBaby wrote:I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I spent my entire teenage years on message boards trying to convince people that I was in fact a teenage girl, not a 35 year old man.
I believe in BloodshotBaby!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:02 am

Lurker01 wrote: This board has always been as much or more about hatin on who you don't like as it has about likin on who you do. Don't pretend that since you're hatin on haters you're not hatin.
Treated me kind
Sweet destiny
Carried me through desperation
To the one that was waiting for me
It took so long
Still I believed
Somehow the one that I needed
Would find me eventually

I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me

BloodshotBaby
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by BloodshotBaby » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:08 am

Dreamin wrote: I believe in BloodshotBaby!
judy, have i told you recently that i love you? :)

KC32
GLONO Board Playa

Post by KC32 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:12 am

Tell me what is my......second life....without your.....cyber-love
tell me, who am I without you, by my......virtual side!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 am

Chris G wrote:That's kind of a funny attitude from people who spend so much time in online BB forums (how many others besides this one do you "socialize" at).
I'd be interested in finding out how much time people actually spend on the GLONO boards. My assumption is that most people pop in a couple times a day, catch up on the threads that interest them, maybe post a reply or two (or more) and then go on about their day.

How much time do you guys spend here (on an average day)?
Chris G wrote:I was going to offer up the use of my SIM to do a Glono event. Jake, if you're so inclined, let me know. I'll host it for free. If you don't think your community will have any overlap, that's cool too.
I've got to admit that I don't even know what that means. What would a GLONO event entail? I've heard of people setting up shops and selling virtual t-shirts, etc. I'd be interested in giving away virtual GLONO t-shirts for free if we can make them cool looking.

Chris, if you can let me know how this event would work, I'd appreciate it. I'm not being coy: I've never even looked at Second Life, and I don't think I really understand what it's all about...

Lurker01
Resident troll

Post by Lurker01 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:06 am

worpswede wrote:I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me
...and with that, my installation is complete.
Bye all, you weren't worthy

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Jake wrote:How much time do you guys spend here (on an average day)?
I haven't seen the sunlight in three years. Thanks, Jake.