Now Playing, version ?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

Joe Jackson - Big World (currently "Soul Kiss" is playing)

Really, this one is a great one. Because it seemed to have gone out of print REALLY quickly, it's easy to overlook it.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema »

DJMurphy wrote:Joe Jackson - Big World (currently "Soul Kiss" is playing)

Really, this one is a great one. Because it seemed to have gone out of print REALLY quickly, it's easy to overlook it.
if you say so Ringo(rolls eyes)

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 »

DJMurphy wrote:Joe Jackson - Big World (currently "Soul Kiss" is playing)

There's a really great single album in there.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

jaimoe0 wrote:There's a really great single album in there.
I'd say that about Physical Graffiti, but with Big World, I don't think I'd change a thing. We'll agree to disagree this time.

RINGO?? Sven, yer killin' me here...

jaimoe0

Post by jaimoe0 »

I think at three vinyl lps, "Big World" definitely has some fat to trim. At a mere two albums, "Physical Graffiti" is perfect... except for the vocals. A little too much processing on some of those tracks. But then, I should reveal that I haven't listened to "Big World" in about 18 years.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

jaimoe0 wrote:I think at three vinyl lps, "Big World" definitely has some fat to trim. At a mere two albums, "Physical Graffiti" is perfect... except for the vocals. A little too much processing on some of those tracks. But then, I should reveal that I haven't listened to "Big World" in about 18 years.
Ah, there's where you've got it only partially right. Big World was a three SIDED album; side 4 was blank. Yessongs was a three LP set, as was the Woodstock soundtrack.

And in my opinion, Big World is worth your revisiting. Great stuff.

jaimoe0

Post by jaimoe0 »

Just needed a reason to go back: Now I've got one. I do remember some track-skipping in the past, though. Then again, I also used to hate anything associated with country. Tastes change.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim »

Phantom Planet - 'Do the Panic' - this song is catchy as hell

The Raconteurs - 'Old Enough' - I love the new album. I haven't stopped listening to it. I think its better than their first.

Albert Hammond Jr. - 'Call An Ambulance' - Its really amazing to me that some of these songs weren't on a Strokes album. He must have saved them up.

Drive By Truckers - 'That Man I Shot' - The latest Drive By Truckers isn't as good as past albums - I find it a bit slower than usual, but this song kicks ass.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy »

Listening to the new Hold Steady. (Was at the rekkid store early, I didn't grab a leaked copy.) So far so good. "Lord, I'm Discouraged" stands out.

AlejandroRuz

Post by AlejandroRuz »

El Guincho - Palmitos Park

Haven't heard the whole record yet (Alegranza!) but it sounds promising.