American Idol 8

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 pm

amighty wrote:
Um, isn't that his sister, who is ALSO blind?

Lil Rounds is deffo not as good as I once thought she was.

Paula looks like she's melting.
yeah that IS his sister and yes she is blind as well. Sheesh.

Lil Rounds is boring as all hell. Sorry. She never sounds good to me.

I used to love Megan, now not so much. Frankly none of the girls do it for me this year. Can't find one at all to really like. Like last year I really liked Brooke White, this year meh. They screwed up royally by not placing Felicia Barton or Kristin McNamara in there. damn what a mess.

As for the guys: Scott HAS TO GO. As does Anoop. I don't mind Danny, and I actually quite like Matt. But right now my top two for sheer talent and entertainment value are Kris and Adam. They both blow me away(and I wasn't an Adam fan at first).

ALthough every now and then I notice that Kris looks like a grown up David Archuleta. hmmmm

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by russ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

So glad they got rid of "BLONDE GIRL WHO GETS BY ON HER LOOKS".
She should have been booted 2 weeks ago.
Blind guy next.

Allison and Adam are the 2 best, though I think she could kick his ass.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by amighty » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:55 am

Charli wrote:Like last year I really liked Brooke White
I don't believe you.
every now and then I notice that Kris looks like a grown up David Archuleta
I think he looks like Rick Moranis.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:28 am

amighty wrote:I think he looks like Rick Moranis.
He looks exactly like my pal Zach who smuggled an entire bucket of KFC and a pizza into Lollapalooza one year despite the ban on bringing your own food. It's uncanny.

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by amighty » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Jake wrote: He looks exactly like my pal Zach who smuggled an entire bucket of KFC and a pizza into Lollapalooza one year despite the ban on bringing your own food. It's uncanny.
Totally - he looks EXACTLY like Zach.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I know, right?

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 pm

I can't believe my girl Megan Joy is gone! That is one messy treat! What's between gotta be like a big sloppy catcher's mit. Turn out the light, grab hold of them big floppy pup feedin' teaters and git bizzy! Shit I am going to miss her!

Now I gots me a big fat ass y'all. Yeah I admit it. But did you get a look at that big ole punkin' ass on Lil' Rounds? It looks like they a big old extra ass right on top of the punkin ass she had to begin with you know what I'm sayin? Like they two big ole asses in there fightin' to get out! Shit!

Y'all notice how many pair of them goddamn professor weirdo glasses that Danny Gokey be havin.? Muthafu%&$er must have taken the whole 100 G's he got in life insurance when his old lady kicked and spent the entire mutha f%^$3er on designer frames.

Kris Allen be starring on a special episode of the Simpsons this week. Little mutha fu%$#@er gonna be in Lisa's favorite magazine "Non-Threatening Boys." Remember that funny fu%$#er Homer sayin' Why are all these boys named Corey?" FUNNY SHIT!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 am

So I'm coming around to Adam. And he totally needs to become the new lead singer for the Darkness.

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="271" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed>

I can't believe how hard the judges are on Lil though. I'm not sure what they want from her. And I am thoroughly hating Allison now. Last night's episode proved that judges, for all their talk of being "current", are totally stuck in the 80s-90s. All that huge-budget Bryan Adams/Aerosmith "rock" ballad bullshit. Schlock! Boo. "Movie theme" night was bound to suck, but come on.

And the fact that Kara thinks the song from Once that won the Oscar is "obscure" proves she's a bigger fucking idiot than Paula and Randy combined.

And how they're only allowing 2 judges to critique each singer is terrible. Reeks of desperation of grasping to deal with the new 4-judge format...and failing. Miserably. Worst season ever.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Funny how the only person they had anything negative to say about was Lil. F that. Danny huffed dong this week. And so did Anoop.

Adam and f-ing Kris are the only people left with a modicum of personality.

The more I watch, the more convinced I am that Kara is a complete dolt. This season is sucking...hard.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah I cannot stand Kara. I liked her during Hollywood and the early prelims but man she sucks sucks sucks. She makes Paula look like a genius.

And Randy's useless as well. Guy has no taste or anything interesting to say.

This year does suck pretty hard. The only two I'm rooting for are Adam and Kris. And I'd be happy with either one winning, I like them both the same. Allison is ok but she's too young. Danny lost his charm for me. Matt hits too many wrong notes, but likable. Anoop is just meh. And Lil, oh my god she's a trainwreck. She sounds like shit week in, week out. She can't pronounce words while singing and she just sounds bad.

If I had my pick Lil and Anoop should go tonight. Matt can go another week, then Danny, then Allison. Make the showdown between Kris(who I secretly adore, or not so secretly NOW) and Adam.

And NO Randy, this is not the most talented group of kids this year. Quite the opposite dumbass since you didn't pick some of the more talented( Ricky Braddy, Felicia Barton, Jesse Langstreth).