Marvin Gaye's collaboration with the Velvet Underground

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Marvin Gaye's collaboration with the Velvet Underground

Post by Jake »

Video: Velvet Underground / Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - "Venus in Furs" / "Ain't No Mountain"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is surprisingly effective and trippy... Enjoy.
miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol »

Hmm. Interesting, but it lost me about half way through. A little too discordant (if that's the right word) for me. What I did find interesting is the dispassionate cold art of the white musicians versus the soulful pairing of black artists both at about the same time. Just my two cents at first blush.

Made me watch the original video of Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell. So good.
jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas »

Well I was gonna say 'discordant' too, so that's two votes. It's indeed trippy, but in the creepy way you wish five minutes into a trip you could take those mushrooms back.
Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Barabajagal »

I thought it was great! thanks