Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio

Post by DJMurphy » Sun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Man, the ones you think will be around until they're in wheelchairs, still rockin' in their Depends... gone. Stomach cancer. Not cool. My deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and fans.

His wife's statement, on his website.

Greg Kot in The Chgo Tribune.

Ronnie in happier times dissing Viv Campbell.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy » Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm

I almost posted this with a tacky "Dio Beats Ozzy to Death" header, but thought better of it.

Ride the tiger in peace tiny man.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Sun May 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Holy Diver down for good. Godspeed, Ronnie.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:34 pm

He truly is a rainbow in the dark. Honestly, though, Rainbow's best singer? Any 70s metal fans out there? Can I get an "Amen"?

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Tue May 18, 2010 2:53 pm

creepy wrote:I almost posted this with a tacky "Dio Beats Ozzy to Death" header, but thought better of it.

Ride the tiger in peace tiny man.
I was expecting to come here this morning and see that very header. Kind of glad it wasn't there.

Rest in peace little guy. I certainly won't call myself a regular listener, but I will say you made some of the most hilariously awesome music videos ever.

With that said, I offer the following in tribute:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 pm

He's in hell, you know.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Lep » Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 am

She's like a homely version of Sarah Palin, you know, that kinda thing.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy » Fri May 21, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah, I dig how there's the red banner on the video saying that all comments were disabled due to uncivility among Dio's fans. It's probably more just that most right-minded people don't like a judgmental fuck yapping on and on about how she knows, she has some sort of insight into the divine mind of God (how did this loser get THAT?) that Ronnie is in hell. Really? You sure you want to go there?

Go home Church Lady; go give your sermons to your fifty cats. 'Cause we don't wanna hear it.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm

DJMurphy wrote:how she knows, she has some sort of insight into the divine mind of God (how did this loser get THAT?)
By reading the Bible, heathen. Duh.

quasarwutwut
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by quasarwutwut » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm

aww she just mad cuz The Devil was all, "No fatties!" And she was like, "What?" And he was all, "c u l8r!" And then Jebus was like, "I think you're pretty fly", and she was totally like, "I <3 u! tha devil iz a dik! and im gonna burn the promise ring he give me and them Dio records 2".