Worst band ever!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Worst band ever!

Post by jaimoe0 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Here in the newsroom, there is a debate going on about the worst rock band of all time. There are some guidelines. The bands must be inexplicably popular given their relative awfulness, and no one-hit wonders, who stink up the joint and then mercifully fade away. So get your snob on and give me some ammo for the discussion. The conversation seems to be leaning toward bands that are either still together or only recently deceased, and the most passionate argument so far has been in support of Creed as the most awful band. I made a case for Nickelback, but I'm not even sure I convinced myself.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by creepy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Insane Clown Posse jumps to mind. They're just fucking awful. Awful music, awful lyrics, awful image, and the trashiest fanbase this side of Skrewdriver. I also hold a special piece of hate in my heart for 311. They're astoundingly white and lame, which is a big disadvantage for a funk/reggae band it would seem, but these yokels give it a go and the results are some of the most mind-numbingly vapid aural turds I've ever experienced.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:01 am

Hmm...it's generally acknowledged that even Jesus hates Creed. But what of Korn? Surely, they stink up the joint even worse than Creed?

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 am

DMB

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 am

I'm going with REO Speedwagon.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Nickleback. They sellout arenas, sell copious records, win tons of awards, but they completely indistinguishable from most other rock bands; indeed, I think they were signed because they were the Canadian version of Creed and therefore meet the CanCon regs (35% radio air time is set aside for Canadian music). The one time I remember seeing them was the Olympics closing ceremony with other unfortable artists like Hedley, Nikki Somethingorther, and Nelly Furtado. It was emabarassing. I recall that they were loud and blew things up. Oh, and Chad Kroeger's hair is greasy looking. (My knowledge of this is an occupational hazard. Long story.) Could not name you a song or an album.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm not kidding. And it's not that they don't have the funkiest and best musicians, 'cause they do...it's because their singer sucks so much that he defiles every piece of music they put out.

Ammo enough?

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:59 pm

This is all good stuff! Venting spleen is good for the soul. Just check out the DeRo comments on the JSBX feature on the homepage for evidence!

Jonas, I think Anthony Kiedis is an extremely limited vocalist, but I don't think he's so smelly that he makes their best stuff unlistenable... and I really like to listen to John Frusciante play guitar, but I really struggle with his solo stuff.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by worpswede » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Insane Clown Posse

Greenwood The Sock Monkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Greenwood The Sock Monkey » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 am

For me, it has to be a dead heat between Creed, Korn, Hootie & The Blowfish, Spin Doctors, and Billy Talent. Everything they have ever produced, over several records for each band, has just been completely fucking terrible. Why people keep buying records from these flaccid pieces of shit, I just do not understand. I wish I could pick just one of the groups as "worst ever" but I throw things across the room any time anything from them comes on the radio. If I'm at the grocery store and I hear them through the PA I inevitably cringe and look for something sharp to push into my ears.