Is there a show you didn't really appreciate at the time...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by jonas » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Sugarcubes Forever wrote:I wish I could go back and see (as an adult) all the concerts my mother brought me to as a child: Niel Diamond, John Denver, Dolly Pardon, Kenny Rogers, Barbara Mandrell, Khris Kristopherson, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, etc. etc. etc.

Back in the 70s when my parents were in their 20s they really loved classic rock and country music. They dragged me to concerts, most of which I thought were fun, but I didn't really "get it."
I envy that you got to see all those people, even if you don't have strong memories of it. My parents listened mainly to the Ray Conniff singers and Olivia Newton-John, but didn't go to any shows. I think I might have actually enjoyed those if they had.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 pm

jonas wrote: Ha, I may have been at the same show as another Glonoid! I was about to say I had been, but I looked it up and there were two shows at the Cotton Bowl. The funny thing is that my appreciation for them has gone down since then, not up, so this isn't one I wanted to relive. I may have been spoiled by the Tattoo You show, also at the Cotton Bowl, in which it blew like a fucking hurricane and we were in the upper deck getting rain blown in our faces and screaming along with the songs. The Fabulous T-Birds and ZZ Top weren't bad either.
I saw them at the November 11th, Saturday show in '89 at the Cotten Bowl. When I saw them, Living Colour opened up for them. We missed them (mainly because we were out in the parking lot of the Cotten Bowl drinking beer) - thought those guys would be huge and I would have plenty of other chances to see them, oh well, haha.

I even wrote up a concert review for the school paper that my journalism teacher liked so much she put it on the front page. I came back to my little high school in Mississippi and thought I was a badass, haha.

Here is the tour info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Whee ... ungle_Tour