The GO! In Detroit, same fucking day as Leppotone

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

The GO! In Detroit, same fucking day as Leppotone

Post by ryanking »

How's this for a choice. An extremely rare appearance by the GO!!! at the Magic Stick in Detroit, or a chance to kick it with the Leppotone Living Karaoke Machine in Kalamazoo. BOTH on the night of Saturday, November 30. Hopefully you already live in one of these towns and have no car or no legs or something, so the choice is made for you. Otherwise, you just fucking agonize over this decision. Thank you God for designing the world this way.
Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Joshua »

Damn, Ryan - sucks to live in Lansing then, huh?

As for me, I'd *never* miss a Leppotone Living Karaoke Machine, so I'll be in Kalamazoo, for sure! It's just too damn bad that it won't be held at good ol' Harvey's this year.
El Nino.

The Go.

Post by El Nino. »

I'm not quite sure what the big deal is. The Go have been around for years and have failed to impress me with their mediocre blooz rock. The only thing that was even vaguely appealing about them was that they were one of 'Jack White's other bands'. On any given night the Go would get blown off the stage, by the Witches, the Stripes, Bantam Rooster, 2star Tabernacle, Hentchmen...you name it, they were always a lesser contender. So, honestly I don't know what the problem is. Between a Human Karaoke(?), and The Go, I think I'd just stay home and read a book.
ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by ryanking »

Well that opinion helps, el nino. It's Karaoke for King.

I mean, this is actually a benefit concert. To help me, King, replace two testicles that I lost to the gout. If the proceeds are right, they say they might be able to buy me a third. Karaoke for King. come out, Saturday the 30th, to Kraftbrau in Kalamazoo and help me buy a third ball.
DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by DJMurphy »

I mean, this is actually a benefit concert. To help me, King, replace two testicles that I lost to the gout. If the proceeds are right, they say they might be able to buy me a third. Karaoke for King. come out, Saturday the 30th, to Kraftbrau in Kalamazoo and help me buy a third ball.
Third ball... That's as funny as fuck (honestly, not sarcastically). I haven't laughed like that all day. Too bad my wife and I are having a party on that day; I'd almost be tempted to drag my silly Chicago-living ass to Kalamazoo to see the proud moment that the club's proprietor hands over the huge oversized check and a martini made special for the occasion with three olives in it.

So seriously, what kind of Karaoke do they do? Hives covers? Maybe a little bit of Stooges? Bob Seger? Or do they do anything you please, even a little Garth Brooks for the wannabe rednecks in the crowd? Or is it even Karaoke at all?
Joshua
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Joshua »

Usually, most of the stuff they do are songs from the extensive Leppotone Band Catalog - The Sinatras, Twister, Fortune & Maltese, The Sleestacks, et. al. Last year they only did a couple such songs, though - most of them were actual covers - Neil Young, The Pixies, The Beatles, The Who, and stuff... They're versatile and can play pretty much anything. Good times.
ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by ryanking »

Yeah, that and even a little bit of twang. I know there were a couple of torch songs and some Johnny Cash. I do believe the Stooges got covered as well. They seriously can figure out anything. Can't wait to see you there, Josh and Sab.
fwat

Re: The Go.

Post by fwat »

El Nino. wrote:I'm not quite sure what the big deal is. The Go have been around for years and have failed to impress me with their mediocre blooz rock. The only thing that was even vaguely appealing about them was that they were one of 'Jack White's other bands'. On any given night the Go would get blown off the stage, by the Witches, the Stripes, Bantam Rooster, 2star Tabernacle, Hentchmen...you name it, they were always a lesser contender. So, honestly I don't know what the problem is. Between a Human Karaoke(?), and The Go, I think I'd just stay home and read a book.
To all haters of The Go:

MEET ME AT THE MOVIES! UH!

That is all.