Hear My New Ballad

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Hear My New Ballad

Post by russ »

Hello Folks.

I recorded this song of mine today.
Its called "Childs Eyes" and its consists of me playing the piano and singing the lyrics.

I was content with it, but I decided to add some backing vocals to the chorus.

So, I would like some feedback from some of the other songwriters out there ( and I know you are out there)
as to which is the better way to go...Version A with no backing vocals, or Version B with backing vocals.

Here are both versions.
Give em a whirl and let me know which one works best.
Thank yew.

<li><a href="http://homepage.mac.com/russturk/.Publi ... k">"Childs Eyes" Version A"</a></li>

<li><a href="http://homepage.mac.com/russturk/.Publi ... k">"Childs Eyes" Version B "</a></li>
steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o »

My vote goes for the backing vocals take. It's really good. The first thing that comes to mind is Rufus Wainwright...from what little I've heard of Rufus Wainwright.

You should try treating the vocals with just a touch of reverb, to soften them a little. Overall, it's a good sound.
russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by russ »

steve-o wrote:My vote goes for the backing vocals take. It's really good. The first thing that comes to mind is Rufus Wainwright...from what little I've heard of Rufus Wainwright.

You should try treating the vocals with just a touch of reverb, to soften them a little. Overall, it's a good sound.
Thanks...I can't do reverb. I'm old school. I record on an analog 4 track recorded. No cool features. Just straight on recording.
Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Lep »

russ wrote:Thanks...I can't do reverb. I'm old school. I record on an analog 4 track recorded. No cool features. Just straight on recording.
You just made me love you.