George Michael's Faith deluxe edition coming in Feb.

This is the place for publicists and artists to let people know about their bands and websites and shows and stuff. If you're going to hype your shit, this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Jake, D. Phillips

Jake
GLONO Team Member

George Michael's Faith deluxe edition coming in Feb.

Post by Jake »

GEORGE MICHAEL’s FAITH
THE ALBUM THAT MADE HIM AN ICON TO GENERATIONS
CELEBRATED WITH THREE COMMEMORATIVE PACKAGES

FAITH: DELUXE EDITION –

Limited edition, numbered box set presented in black-and-gold-foiled slipcase, with:

• CD of remastered 10-song album
• CD of remastered 7-inch and 12-inch singles and B-sides
• 180-gram vinyl replica LP
• DVD with BBC interview, original EPK, and 7 promo videos (approx. 100 mins.)
• 60-page hardbound book with interview, rare photos and memorabilia
• Memorabilia envelope with 5 art prints, poster, tickets, and Faith tour pass
• First 2,000 orders receive a specially-designed, numbered art print
• AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY at http://www.GeorgeMichael.com
pre-order now, ships January 31, 2011

FAITH: SPECIAL EDITION (includes two CDs and the DVD) and FAITH: 2CD REMASTERED EDITION both released February 1, 2011 through Epic/Legacy

WORLDWIDE BEST-SELLING, GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING ALBUM OF THE YEAR (1987) FEATURES 6 HIT SINGLES: “I WANT YOUR SEX,” “FAITH,” “FATHER FIGURE,” “ONE MORE TRY,” “MONKEY,” “KISSING A FOOL”

Of the many events that truly define the evolution of global pop at the end of the 20th century, the release of George Michael’s debut solo album, Faith, in November 1987, occupies a special place in music history. Spending 87 weeks on the Billboard 200 albums chart (including 12 weeks at #1 in 1988), a rare RIAA diamond certification (for U.S. sales in excess of 10 million units, the biggest selling album of 1988, by far), and the Grammy Award as Album Of The Year – are just the tip of the Faith iceberg.

Added to it are the album’s six top-charted singles: “I Want Your Sex,” “Faith,” “Father Figure,” “One More Try,”“Monkey” and “Kissing A Fool..” Together, they maintained George Michael’s presence on the Hot 100 for a cumulative 85+ weeks, from 1987 to 1989. Written, produced and arranged entirely by George, Faith was a singular achievement that placed him at a level of royal stardom in the ’80s alongside Michael Jackson, Elton John, Paul McCartney and Madonna.

Three new packages pay tribute to this landmark album, beginning with FAITH: DELUXE EDITION. This numbered, limited edition box set can be pre-ordered now, exclusively at http://www.GeorgeMichael.com. The finished package ships January 31, 2011, released by Epic/Legacy, a division of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.

The richly-designed FAITH: DELUXE EDITION 12”x12” commemo­r­ative box set will contain several key components, starting with the remastered 10-song album on CD, another CD of remastered 7-inch and 12-inch singles and B-sides, and a 180-gram vinyl replica of the original LP. There will also be a DVD (running 100 minutes) featuring a BBC interview from 1987 with UK journalist Jonathan Ross; an EPK (electronic press kit) produced in 1988 by Epic Records; and all seven promotional videos (re-synched with the new remastered audio): “I Want Your Sex,” “I Want Your Sex (uncensored),” “Faith,” “Father Figure,” “One More Try,” “Monkey,” and “Kissing A Fool.”

FAITH: DELUXE EDITION is rounded out by a stunning 60-page hard-bound book which includes an exclusive interview with George by BBC Radio personality Mark Goodier, and an essay by Robbie Elson of Genesis Publications. The book also includes rare photos and memorabilia. A separate memorabilia envelope will contain five art prints, reproduction poster, tickets, and tour pass from the Faith tour.

Two additional Faith packages will also be released. FAITH: SPECIAL EDITION will feature the two CDs and the DVD, as described above. A standard remastered double-CD edition will also be released. Both of these editions will be available at all retail outlets starting February 1, 2011.

With his olive complexion and stubble-whiskered Olympian good looks (courtesy of his Greek heritage), the trademark crucifix earring, leather motorcycle jacket, and blue jeans – George Michael graduated from the duo known as Wham! to become an icon to tens of millions of fans around the world. Faith confirmed George’s status as a songwriter of outstanding ability and emotional depth.

Faith not only earned diamond (i.e. 10x-platinum) certifications in the U.S. and Canada, but also hit 4x-platinum in his UK homeland, and 5x-platinum in Australia. Equally massive sales and chart figures were also achieved in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland – the list goes on and on. To date, over the course of his five studio albums and some 30-plus original single titles, George Michael has generated more than 200 million record sales.

In addition to the Grammy for Album Of The Year, Faith won three American Music Awards: Favorite Album (Soul/R&B), Favorite Male Vocalist (Soul/R&B) and Favorite Male Vocalist (Pop/Rock). “Father Figure” took home an MTV Award for Best Direction.

FAITH: DELUXE EDITION by GEORGE MICHAEL (12”x12” box set)
(Epic/Legacy 88697 62837 2)

CD One (remastered album) – Selections: 1. Faith • 2. Father Figure • 3. I Want Your Sex (Parts 1 & 2) • 4. One More Try • 5. Hard Day • 6. Hand To Mouth • 7. Look At Your Hands • 8. Monkey • 9. Kissing A Fool • 10. A Last Request (I Want Your Sex Part 3).

CD Two (remastered 7-inch and 12-inch versions / B-sides) – Selections:

1. Faith (Instrumental) – B-side of 12-inch “Faith” single
2. Fantasy – B-side of “Waiting For That Day” single (all formats)
3. Hard Day (Shep Pettibone Mix) – From original CD album (also track 3 of “Faith” CD single)
4. I Believe When I Fall In Love – B-side of the 7-inch and cassette singles of “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me”
5. Kissing A Fool (Instrumental) – B-side of 7-inch and 12-inch singles of “Kissing A Fool”
6. Love’s In Need Of Love Today (live recording) – B-side of 7-inch “Father Figure” single
7. Monkey – 7-inch edit
8. Monkey (A Capella & Beats) – A and B sides respectively of 7-inch “Monkey” single
9. Monkey (Jam & Lewis Remix) – 12-inch single

LP (vinyl replica of original album) – Selections: 1. Faith • 2. Father Figure • 3. I Want Your Sex • 4. One More Try • 5. Hard Day • 6. Hand To Mouth • 7. Look At Your Hands • 8. Monkey • 9. Kissing A Fool.

DVD (running time 110 minutes):

1. “George Michael & Jonathan Ross Have Words” (1987)
2. “Music Money Love Faith” (February 1988)
Seven promotional videos (re-synched with remastered audio):

1. I Want Your Sex • 2. I Want Your Sex (Uncensored) • 3. Faith • 4. Father Figure • 5. One More Try • 6. Monkey • 7. Kissing A Fool.

12”x12” limited edition, numbered, black-and-gold-foiled slipcase also contains:

* Stunning 60-page hard-bound book including exclusive interview with George Michael, rare photos and memorabilia.
* Memorabilia envelope including 5 art prints, reproduction poster, tickets and tour pass from Faith tour.
* First 2,000 orders receive a specially-designed, numbered art print.

FAITH: SPECIAL EDITION by GEORGE MICHAEL (2 CD + DVD)
(Epic/Legacy 88697 75320 2)

CD One (remastered album) – as above.

CD Two (re-mastered 7-inch and 12-inch versions / B-sides) – as above.

DVD – as above.

Pre-order Faith: Special Edition here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/ ... usnoise-20

FAITH by GEORGE MICHAEL (double CD)
(Epic/Legacy 88697 75319 2)

CD One (remastered album) – as above.

CD Two (re-mastered 7-inch and 12-inch versions / B-sides) – as above.

Pre-order Faith (double CD) here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/ ... usnoise-20