put on duran duran, duran duran, u2

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

put on duran duran, duran duran, u2

Postby nobodygirl » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:49 pm

i have a proposition which may be laughed at.
when i used to post to m.doughty's website, superspecialquestions.com, there was a point where someone suggested a mix tape/cd trade as it was around xmastime and we all liked getting things in the mail. still feeling that i am a new person here and not quite knowing how such a proposition would be recieved, e.g. i don't know if any of you who post actually know each other besides the chicago faction, etc., or if you are all Serious People Indeed and have Much Better Things To Do With Your Time...
i like wasting mine.
and i still like recieving things in the mail besides bills.
if there is anyone out there that would be interested in getting/giving a mix to someone from the far reaches of the world whom they've never met and might never meet (and it is getting to the chanukah/xmas/kwaanza spirit time of year and whatnot, a fact that i was reminded of in SEPTEMBER, as i work in retail), reply to this. if enough people are interested i'll totally set something up. totally.
i could rhapsodize about creating! a larger! sense! of community! but i do not wish to get my ass kicked.
man, i gotta stop with this self-effacing second guessing speak.
bye.
reply.
if you please.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:09 pm

I'd totally be down, provided the mix rules, which, from what I know of GloriousNoise and its supporters, it would.

(Too many commas in that sentence. But I can do that. Why? CAUSE I'M A (PSEUDO)WRITER! HA!)

(I'm going insane.)

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:10 pm

Gosh, that was me.

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:03 pm

I think that's a fun idea. How about we let the string run until say, a week from now. You can set the date, it's your idea. Then, we each create a fun mix (please no x-mas mixes) and then everyone that signs up gets like seven different mix cds. You have to list the artists and song titles, though. I hate mixes without that.

- Prop

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:28 pm

I'll play.

trix
GLONO Board Playa

Postby trix » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:23 am

oh yeah, this'll be great!

*cracks fingers*

right, hmmnnn.....

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:47 am

Proptronics wrote:I think that's a fun idea. How about we let the string run until say, a week from now. You can set the date, it's your idea. Then, we each create a fun mix (please no x-mas mixes) and then everyone that signs up gets like seven different mix cds. You have to list the artists and song titles, though. I hate mixes without that.

- Prop

werd.
the deadline for expressing your interest in this is this friday, november 14. after which i will figure out a way for everyone interested to get hooked up with each other's addresses, which will most likely involve private-messaging me. all information will be disseminated as necessary. but proptronics, maybe it's cause i'm thick or maybe it's because it's 9:30 in the morning and my brain regularly does not function before ten, but how you figure everyone gets seven? the way we did it last time is that everyone's address was randomized, a sent to d, d sent to f, f sent to c, etc. so you just got one. but please let me know if you have a different idea.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:11 pm

Count me in with a special suprise for you, the loyal readers of GLONO.
Phil

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:47 pm

Yeah, that's cool. We could each get one randomly. I guess it could be a little costly to send them to every person who signed up. I just picked seven because I didn't think there'd be much more than seven people who'd show interest.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:48 pm

Sounds cool - I'm in.

Return to “Rants and Raves”