More punk Supernova vs. Rock Star Supernova

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

More punk Supernova vs. Rock Star Supernova

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Digg it!

Previously: Supernova: a Rock and Roll David vs. Goliath story

This is some straight up Evil Corporate Bullshit.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 am

Has anyone watched any of this shit? I caught some of it last week, and honestly, most of the singers are terrible! They are all too over the top and freaking out on stage, dancing with guitarists, and more "acting" than singing. Of course, this isn't surprising.

It kinda reminds me of that Brady Bunch episode where Greg was trying out to be the singer 'Johnny Bravo' (because he fits the suit!) haha

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:47 pm

whats sad is that Jason Newstead is involved...He seemed to be the only non dumbass in Metallica, and now this...
I mean we already knew Dave Navarro is a pretty boy douchebag and Tommy Lee has the brains of a trouser snake, and well Gilby is a step above am "other guy" from GN'R but Newstead was a respectable cat...

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:37 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:whats sad is that Jason Newstead is involved...He seemed to be the only non dumbass in Metallica, and now this...
I mean we already knew Dave Navarro is a pretty boy douchebag and Tommy Lee has the brains of a trouser snake, and well Gilby is a step above am "other guy" from GN'R but Newstead was a respectable cat...
yeah, not that I like Metallica, but if I had to pick my favorite member of that band it would be Jason Newstead. He's the only one who seemed non-douchebagish. Probably why he's not in the band anymore anyway.

Gilby actually played with the re-formed MC5. I just found that out.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:11 am

Are you guys serious? Newstead seemed to be the catalyst that turned Metallica from a good speed-metal band into the proto-Disturbed douche bags that they are now. Of course he's better than the neanderthal-looking guy they got to replace him, but listen to the difference in Master of Puppets and And Justice for All. You know I'm right. As far as I'm concerned this new thing he's got going with Tommy Lee (I can't top trainwreck's description of him) suits him.

But yeah, "Chewbacca..What a Wookie." I loved that song in Clerks.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:14 am

honestly he didnt improve metallica BUT I think he also slowed their demise...
Image Image
Image I dont think that Jason is the only one at fault here
steve-o wrote:Are you guys serious? Newstead seemed to be the catalyst that turned Metallica from a good speed-metal band into the proto-Disturbed douche bags that they are now. Of course he's better than the neanderthal-looking guy they got to replace him, but listen to the difference in Master of Puppets and And Justice for All. You know I'm right. As far as I'm concerned this new thing he's got going with Tommy Lee (I can't top trainwreck's description of him) suits him.

But yeah, "Chewbacca..What a Wookie." I loved that song in Clerks.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm

Could they be in kahoots to promote the show?

Tommy Lee: We'll eventually settle with you for 300 grand.
Original Supernova: Agreed!

Tim Armstrong sold out The Transplants for a shampoo commercial and he probably does pretty well with Rancid merchandise sales.
How desperate to put food on the table are these Supernova fellers?
Just throwing it out there.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:12 pm

I'm sure they'd love a settlement. That's why they're suing them! But a TV show shouldn't be able to just up and take over a band's name, should they?

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by trainwreck2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Jake wrote:I'm sure they'd love a settlement. That's why they're suing them! But a TV show shouldn't be able to just up and take over a band's name, should they?

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Post by grounded5am » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Tim wrote:Has anyone watched any of this shit? I caught some of it last week, and honestly, most of the singers are terrible! They are all too over the top and freaking out on stage, dancing with guitarists, and more "acting" than singing. Of course, this isn't surprising.
one of the singers is slightly, yet modestly famous. it's patrice pike and she's got a pretty good little voice. she was the lead singer for the now defunct band sister 7. they were one of 3 artists signed to arista's arista austin label. the other two were abra moore and robert earl keen. at least those were the only ones i knew of. sister came out at the same time abra moore did back in the summer of 1997. their first cd was alright and the second one was better. they weren't the greatest band, but they had considerable charm and a rather good little singer. their song know what you mean was really cool. i wonder how she's doing on the show.