Get a bad magazine for free

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Get a bad magazine for free

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:57 am

I'm not sure whether this really works, but you might as well try to get it while you can:

http://promo.cc.com/rstone/

Get Rolling Stone free for one full year!
getAccess members, please enter your name and address below to receive your free one-year subscription to Rolling Stone.

Offer ends 1/31/04.

You don't have to give them a credit card number. I realize that mags make their dough from ads, not subscriptions, and that having a high subscriber count makes ads cost more. So you're not really socking it to the Man by getting the Stone for free. But hey, free they still publish Annie Liebowitz photos and the occasional Hunter S. Thompson article (it is an election year). So it might be worth the price...

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:12 am

jake, are you a member of getaccess? what's it all about? i agree... rolling stone is a tepid pile of shit that i would never pay hard cash for, but i won't pass up a free copy and a chance to be mildly entertained by articles i'll more or less completely disagree with (sans some of the thompson ones, or divid fricke when he pops up).
Last edited by vitas on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:20 am

No, I'm not a member of getaccess. I just saw this link on the web somewhere.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:32 am

they still publish Annie Liebowitz photos and the occasional Hunter S. Thompson article (it is an election year). So it might be worth the price...

Plus the near-nudie shots of Britney and Jessica Simpson!

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:57 am

Rolling Stone needs less nudie pics, more Nudie suit pics. What high school kid doesn't want a Gram Parsons foldout for their locker?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:12 pm

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:04 pm

If you sign up for it, make sure you use a fake name, because they will send you collection notices if you don't pay up when your "free trial" is over. We found this out eventually, then my roommate started signing up all kinds of magazines under the pseudonym "Harry Balls." I think we got RS for a while. It's worth it just to get stern collection notices that begin "Dear Mr. Balls:"
I think we're still getting Entertainment Weekly for a Mr. Corndog Jones.
But they'd have to pay me to receive Rolling Stone. It really does get exponentially worse every month.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:54 pm

steve-o wrote:If you sign up for it, make sure you use a fake name, because they will send you collection notices if you don't pay up when your "free trial" is over. We found this out eventually, then my roommate started signing up all kinds of magazines under the pseudonym "Harry Balls." I think we got RS for a while. It's worth it just to get stern collection notices that begin "Dear Mr. Balls:"
I think we're still getting Entertainment Weekly for a Mr. Corndog Jones.
But they'd have to pay me to receive Rolling Stone. It really does get exponentially worse every month.

that's fuckin hysterical!

Return to “Rants and Raves”