girl fight!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

girl fight!

Postby nobodygirl » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:58 pm

Amy Lee of Evanescence harbors fantasies about strangling Britney Spears

I would like to state the following:
1. "Toxic" is a WAY better song than anything Evanescence has ever done ever.
2. yes, I am eleven years old, for those of you who also recall me admitting to liking tatu.
Lee says, "First I would take my corset off and strangle her around her big gymnast neck."
...Gymnast neck? Isn't that a bit harsh, especially coming from someone who appears to be proud of the fact that she wears a corset? Why are girls so mean?

that is all,

nbg.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:19 pm

"Mean"? It's a dick tease.

emilyjb
GLONO Board Playa

Postby emilyjb » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:53 pm

Obviously, Evanescence hasn't seen "Mean Girls" yet.

She'd know that being mean is just "too cool for school."

and she'd forget all about strangling Britney after watching Lindsay Lohan for two hours - not to mention the Hilary Duff video that they showed in the theatre for about 30 minutes straight before "Mean Girls" started.

Frying pan of hatred to the fire!!!

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 pm

emilyjb wrote:Frying pan of hatred to the fire!!!

Emily, I like your style!!

Although honestly, speaking from a guy's point of view, Hillary Duff not only appears to be the lesser of all current evils/divas, she's almost downright likable. Sure, she's just as much of a moneymaking tool of the man as the others, but her P.R. spin is that she's somewhat more wholesome and genuine. It's like Jem vs. the Misfits; you wanna root for Jem. (Hey, I had younger sisters who swore by the show...)

emilyjb
GLONO Board Playa

Postby emilyjb » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:33 pm

I loved Jem!! Jem gave me the anthems of my youth (ok, so maybe not, but I still want her hair!)

I agree about the good girl vs. bad girl struggle - I read lots of Twist magazine and US Weekly this summer as a result of working with high schoolers. There's a huge deal in the media about Lindsay Lohan vs. Hilary Duff, and honestly, I'm going for Hilary. Even though I'd rather run naked through Times Square than listen to that damn "Come Clean" song again, her squeaky clean image isn't nearly as disturbing as Lindsay Lohan's "come and get me - I'm barely legal!" schtick.

Lohan is currently recording an album by the way. Everyone get your buckets ready.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:58 pm

Little kids need bright stuff be it music, books, movies. They'll get enough darkness when they grow up. I get really worried by little girls wearing "goth" crap when they haven't even left grade school. That's just wrong.

emilyjb
GLONO Board Playa

Postby emilyjb » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:08 pm

miss carol wrote:Little kids need bright stuff be it music, books, movies. They'll get enough darkness when they grow up. I get really worried by little girls wearing "goth" crap when they haven't even left grade school. That's just wrong.

My friend, Carrie, was waiting for the bus one day when she overheard some grade school kids:

"Man, that American Gothic painting sucks."

"Yeah, it's like, not even goth."

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am

emilyjb wrote:
My friend, Carrie, was waiting for the bus one day when she overheard some grade school kids:

"Man, that American Gothic painting sucks."

"Yeah, it's like, not even goth."

That is fabulous! Quote of the summer!

Lynze
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Lynze » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:42 am

I'm DRUNK!!! Woo!

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:42 am

Lynze wrote:I'm DRUNK!!! Woo!

WOO! indeed.