Capitol Boxes Up American Beatles Albums

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Capitol Boxes Up American Beatles Albums

Postby Jake » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Capitol Boxes Up Early Beatles Albums

This is fucking ridiculous. Instead of giving us the remastered versions of the real (i.e., British) albums that we've been wanting, they're releasing the bastardized, cannibalized American versions? With the shitty Capitol-added echo? That's just fucked up. And stupid.

One good thing about this, though, that bodes well for things to come, hopefully, is that each cd will contain both the mono and the stereo mix of the album. I really hope this means they're planning on doing the same thing when they finally remaster and reissue the complete Beatles catalog...

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:36 pm

Reissue, repackage, repackage. Satiate the need...

Stupid asses.

booker
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby booker » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:42 pm

On top of it, they'll probably add bonus tracks.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:08 pm

The linked Billboard article gives the tracklistings. There are no bonus tracks.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:34 pm

I thought the main idea on re-issuing the Beatles British releases in the first place was to finally bring some continuity to the catalog. Oh wait, I get it. This is America and Beatles fans are notorious for their collective qualities. Another quick buck for Capitol I guess. I will admit to, at times, longing for "Meet The Beatles" simply for the impact it created here in the states and the memories it gave me. That album, along with "Beatles '65" and "Sgt. Pepper" was swiped from my parent's record collection and found it's place in my room. It was eventually ruined by a Woolworth's record player manned by a child who had no idea that the Capitol rainbow label would be worth something someday, but it did foster this lifelong obsession with music. And since Capitol is intent on breaking their own rules by reissuing the American versions, I vote that they re-issue "Yesterday...And Today" in its full butcher cover glory. George's grin on that pic is just plain evil!

booker
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby booker » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:26 am

Jake wrote:The linked Billboard article gives the tracklistings. There are no bonus tracks.

God is good.

I always thought "Beatles '65" was well put together.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:36 pm

Look guys, just be thankful the damn thing doesn't have a slammin' club mix of "Ob-la-de Ob-la-da" or something. It could be worse.

Return to “Rants and Raves”