lcd

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

what will lcd soundsystem be at 2/15/06

Poll ended at Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 am

raddest band alive
No votes
another forgetten indepedent band (too many of these)
75%
the new chemical bros.
25%
stupid dance band (pick this and you are stupid)
No votes

Total votes: 4

hausofjl
GLONO Board Playa

lcd

Postby hausofjl » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:13 am

i know all you guys are getting wasted, but only a couple more hours until the lcd soundsystem drops. i cant really think another recent lp that i have been anxiously awaiting. so will 2005 be remembered as the year of the lcd or will the mainstream reject it?

if it doesnt sell like hot cakes, i for one will be pretty mad. but, we "hipsters" (such a fucking stupid generalization) will live another day.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:20 pm

I don't think it's going to sell, although I think it should. This is already going to be the year of Bright Eyes. And by the time that fades, everyone will be drooling over At War With The Mystics. So, no luck for LCD.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Given current trends, I'm guessing that James Murphy will sweep the 2026 grammies.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:14 pm

I got an advance of this record and didn't really like it. Sorry. "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" and "Losing my Edge" are fucking sweet, along with a few others - "Movement" for one. But other than that, I wasn't too impressed. It seemed to be more for the DJ set than anything. And I'm not a DJ. So many of the instrumental tracks didn't do anything for me. I love electronic music, but it's gotta have at least some melody and/or rhythm, and a lot of LCD's stuff is all about BPM. A mixed bag across two discs. The hype built up by the two singles is understandable, but the rest of the record doesn't really deliver.

Just my thoughts...take em or leave em

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:25 pm

I agree with you on the first disc n8, but the disc 2 singles comp is 100% non-stop badassness. It ain't just dance music, either. "Tired" rocks harder than anything alleged indie "rock" bands put out last year.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:38 am

Bump (after 3 years).

Took about a year longer than originally predicted, but they pretty much became the "raddest band alive" in 2007, no?

Return to “Rants and Raves”