Shooting At London Nas Concert

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Shooting At London Nas Concert

Postby Tom4 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:53 am

Apparantly, (and not all the details are out or confirmed, but--) Nas was playing a show tonight (Mon. 3/19) at Brixton Academy and someone shot at him from the crowd. One of his guards pulled him off stage, but Nas came back out topless with Dizzee Rascall (who was opening) saying "It's gonna take more then that to get rid of me," going into one more song with Dizzee before the show was cancelled.

Now, I love Nas. Although he dropped off for a few years, Illmatic ranks with the best Biggie and Pac albums. And God's Son, Stillmatic, and Street's Disciple have been good if not a little flawed. It'd be sad to see something happen to him. That's pretty gangsta to return for another song, not a choice I'd necessarily make. But that's not where the differences between Nas and I end.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:53 am

I thought guns were illegal in the UK...

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:59 am

Jake wrote:I thought guns were illegal in the UK...

Yeah, and acid is illegal here, so...

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Re: Shooting At London Nas Concert

Postby steve-o » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Tom4 wrote:Apparantly, (and not all the details are out or confirmed, but--) Nas was playing a show tonight (Mon. 3/19) at Brixton Academy and someone shot at him from the crowd. One of his guards pulled him off stage, but Nas came back out topless with Dizzee Rascall (who was opening) saying "It's gonna take more then that to get rid of me," going into one more song with Dizzee before the show was cancelled.

Now, I love Nas. Although he dropped off for a few years, Illmatic ranks with the best Biggie and Pac albums. And God's Son, Stillmatic, and Street's Disciple have been good if not a little flawed. It'd be sad to see something happen to him. That's pretty gangsta to return for another song, not a choice I'd necessarily make. But that's not where the differences between Nas and I end.

Agreed, Nas doesn't get enough respect these days. But I wonder if this was more related to some feud Dizzee might have had. This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:57 pm

It's possible, steve-o...Dizzee has a big bulls-eye on his head in England. He's the 50 Cent there as far as war stories goes (although he obviously runs game all over Fiddy). Either way, didn't people learn from Big and Pac? This sort of beef tears hip hop apart. Everyone needs to listen to "Like Toy Soldiers" and chill the fuck out.

Return to “Rants and Raves”