Bonnaroo

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Bonnaroo

Postby Jake » Tue May 17, 2005 11:44 am

Anybody going?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed May 18, 2005 11:37 am

Bump.

Anyone in the area who might want to go? I think we might have some contacts there who might be able to get us some press access...

Lineup:
There are plenty of the expected jam band scene-affiliated acts on the list of 37 confirmed acts, including Widespread Panic (which will play two sets during the festival), the Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule, Particle and Sound Tribe Sector 9. Representing bluegrass will be Alison Krauss + Union Station, Earl Scruggs & Friends and the Yonder Mountain String Band. Straddling the line between the two will be progressive banjo artist Bela Fleck, who will be on hand with a new project, the Bela Fleck Acoustic Trio.

Out of the modern rock ranks comes Rilo Kiley, Secret Machines, the Mars Volta and My Morning Jacket, while singer/songwriters Jack Johnson, John Prine, Iron & Wine, Ray Lamontagne and Citizen Cope are also slated to be on hand. Further expanding the musical borders will be Latin groove band Ozomatli and sexy Brooklyn-based multi-lingual act Brazilian Girls.

Also:
Also added to the bill are Kings Of Leon, Bob Weir and Ratdog, the Perceptionists, De La Soul, Matisyahu and Galactic. As previously reported, Herbie Hancock has restaffed his band, the Headhunters, to perform at the event, and will also serve as Bonnaroo's first "artist in residence.

In Bonnaroo's comedy tent, festivalgoers will be treated to performances from Jim Bruer and "Chappelle's Show" regular Charlie Murphy.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed May 18, 2005 12:24 pm

Oh, man, if y'all can go, go just to see John Prine. I'm going through a major Prine reawakening right now. I just missed his show in S.F., and it's not sitting well with me. Goddamn night shift!

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Wed May 18, 2005 1:35 pm

i've always loved the gorgeous cover of hello in there by the 10,000 maniacs. he's got a new cd out.i've been thinking of checking him out. what would be a good place to start?

jones1

Postby jones1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:32 pm

anyone going to bonnaroo 2007?

Return to “Rants and Raves”