F*cking Motorhead, baby!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

F*cking Motorhead, baby!

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:13 am

We all know Lemmy is a god - but how great a god? What are the best Motorhead tracks?

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:24 am

Damn, we don't even have the Stones thing done yet! However, "Ace of Spades," "Killed By Death," and "Lost Johnny." Lemmy is gonna put out a solo album.... let me say that again: LEMMY IS GONNA PUT OUT A SOLO ALBUM! Et tu, Lemmy?

I've probably pointed this out before, but somewhere on his Web site, Mark Prindle (http://www.markprindle.com) asserts that Motorhead is one of the three greatest rock bands of all time, joined by AC/DC and the Ramones. I don't know that he's right, but I'm not going to argue with him.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:44 am

Actually I wasn't thinking of a '21 Best' list - I want to pick up some Motorhead and wanted some suggestions beyond 'Ace Of Spades'. We all know that's the single greatest metal song ever made.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:39 am

I have the "No Remorse" greatest hits collection--29 songs.
My favorites from that collection are "Please Don't Touch" with Wendy O. Williams and "Jailbait." Also includes a version of "Stand By Your Man" with Wendy.

blackshoestring
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby blackshoestring » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:17 am

Iron Fist is a toe tapper.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:31 pm

My vote goes to "Deaf Forever" from "Orgasmatron."
"Iron Horse" is pretty fucking sweet too.
There was a big rumor a few weeks ago in which Lemmy admitted he was bi-sexual. The rumor turned out to be a big internet hoax. I'm not making this up.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:22 pm

worpswede wrote:My vote goes to "Deaf Forever" from "Orgasmatron."
"Iron Horse" is pretty fucking sweet too.
There was a big rumor a few weeks ago in which Lemmy admitted he was bi-sexual. The rumor turned out to be a big internet hoax. I'm not making this up.

That wouldn't surprise me. Any of what you said. Although I do think it had Rob Halford shaking in his boots...in a bad way. And according to the rules, Lemmy is going gay (long hair, not athletic...)

MF
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby MF » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Can't go wrong by picking up No Remorse...speaking of which, I've always liked "We are the Road Crew"

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:15 pm

miss carol wrote:
That wouldn't surprise me. Any of what you said. Although I do think it had Rob Halford shaking in his boots...in a bad way. And according to the rules, Lemmy is going gay (long hair, not athletic...)

Exactly. I mean the guy probably needs to have all of his options open. He ain't the type that turns heads, male or female. But then the reality that he lives within walking distance to Sunset Strip probably means his legacy can get all the groupies he can throw a stick at. Or a wart.
Nice call on "Road Crew" too...

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:15 pm

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, what would the bastard love child of Lemmy and Halford look like?

Probably wouldn't matter, cause he would be the greatest rocker of all time and get crazy-laid.

Return to “Rants and Raves”