Pixies? Beck? Brooklyn? Staten Island?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Pixies? Beck? Brooklyn? Staten Island?

Postby russ » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Anyone from GloNo going to any of these?
A bunch of co-workers & I all got tix today.
I'm excited, I've never seen The Pixies before and I've been a fan since 89.

http://www.acrossthenarrows.com/
Last edited by russ on Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Green
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Billy Green » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:10 pm

I saw the Pixies and Weezer in Milwaukee this summer. Everyone was there for Weezer really, but the Pixies were nothing short of fucking awesome. You're in for one kickass show. Expect Kim Deal to spend at least 3/4 of the set smoking.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:14 am

Saw part and heard all of the Pixies show here in Toronto. Prepare to have a blast. I forgot just how good a band they are. Absolutely no drama. Have a fun. I'm totally jealous, of course :)

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:50 am

’‘

My wife won't do the long train ride and she understandably hates general admission outdoor shows (I'm no big fan of the show's venue & format either). A friend and I are debating going anyway, although he has the same reservations. I've also been a Pixies fan since the late 80s and have never seen them. My friend is a huge Gang of Four fan, and they are on before the Pixies. Their show at Irving plaza earlier this year was far beyond my expectations (which were high to begin with).

’‘

Return to “Rants and Raves”