please kill me...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

please kill me...

Postby creepy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:18 pm

i got a wild hair up my ass this morning and decided to alphabetize my cd collection. up until a couple of months ago my cds were scattered between my truck, my bedroom, and the living room. i totally organized/feng shui'd the fuck outta my room a couple of months back and got a big ass rack to store all my cds in. i'd just been shoving cds in the thing and i thought that today i'd get the mofo straight and abc'd up... i'm up to "L thru P" and i'm praying for a bullet... i'm bored, tense, and sad all at the same time... bored because alphabetizing is about as exciting as watching paint dry at ned flanders' house, tense because i'm surrounded by stacks of cds that i keep knocking over and they're throwing off the goddam chi flow in my beautiful feng shui'd space, and sad because in this ocean of discs, all i can see is all the stuff that's missing. about 5 years ago my truck was broken into twice in a 6 month period and i had around 200 cds stolen. some has been replaced, but the missing stuff haunts me... "R thru T" is gonna be a major pain in the ass. i may need another rack just for sonic youth and stereolab. i had to stop for a bit and bitch before i dove back in. wish me luck...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:05 pm

What kinda cd rack did you get? Where from?

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:18 pm

No, creepy, I will not kill you.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm

it's about 5 feet tall x 4 feet wide. got it at best buy last year for somewhere between $40 and $60 if i remember correctly. it sat in my garage for about 6 months unassembled before i cleared space for it. i'll take some pictures after i get it all straight. might be a good idea for a thread where we post pix of our stereos and collections... free glono t-shirt for the geekiest setup?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Creepy, hon, put the unsorted CDs in cardboard boxes, then alpha a box at a time. The boxes will be easier to move, the whole place will look tidier, and you'll feel less overwhelmed. Then you'll be more zen. And please tell me you didn't buy one of those asinine units with slots. They're fucking stupid.

Return to “Rants and Raves”