Looking for a Chicago gig on 4-20

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Who Hit John?

Looking for a Chicago gig on 4-20

Postby Who Hit John? » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:21 pm

My band <a href="http://www.myspace.com/whohitjohn5">Who Hit John?</a> is looking for a gig in Chicago on April 20th. We're from Kalamazoo, MI & we've got a show at a college that afternoon, but to make the travel a little more worth it, we'd love to play a second show that night. Anyone have any leads on venues fit for a hard rockin string band?

Thanks!
~Who Hit John?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Check out the Hideout. They're often more friendly to out of towners than Chicago-based bands.

Also, Sylvie's is good for unknowns.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Ya gotta satiate my curiosity on this one... what's the significance of playing on 4/20? I know you guys have the college gig and all, but the first thing I thought of when I read the subject line: Are you guys fans of the cheeba or what?

Just playing with you guys, but that's the first thing this (former) stoner thought of...

May your mellows never harsh.

Who Hit John?

Postby Who Hit John? » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 am

No significance really. That's just the date our fiddle player got at his school.

I am, however a fan of the cheeba ;)

DJMurphy wrote:Ya gotta satiate my curiosity on this one... what's the significance of playing on 4/20? I know you guys have the college gig and all, but the first thing I thought of when I read the subject line: Are you guys fans of the cheeba or what?

Just playing with you guys, but that's the first thing this (former) stoner thought of...

May your mellows never harsh.

Return to “Rants and Raves”